• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mitchell Santner -Test career averages predictions

James

Cricket Web Owner
I think he'll end up averaging similar to Dipak Patel, so I'll go 21 with the bat and 42 with the ball.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
In some ways I kinda wish he'd give up bowling and knuckle down and go the Steve Smith route. He could end up batting middle order and averaging 40 - he just needs to believe & put the work in. Bowling wise, he needs to work some things out with his action (front arm) if he wants to become anything more than a containment bowler.

At best, if he does stay as an AR, he'd go 35/35, but I have a feeling it'll be more 27/44.

Blain

U19 Captain
He makes batting look pretty easy at times, signs of a guy with good potential. Also unflappable which is handy! Can see him being more of a middle order (No 5 or 6) player who's your 5th choice bowler.

So 34 with the bat, and 38 with the ball.

He's still so fresh with in all cricket, hard to call.

Who's going to be the best all rounder for NZ; Neesham, Anderson or Santner?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
He makes batting look pretty easy at times, signs of a guy with good potential. Also unflappable which is handy! Can see him being more of a middle order (No 5 or 6) player who's your 5th choice bowler.

If they all stay fit, Anderson. But given how injury prone Neesh and CJ have been to this point in their careers, I'd probably say Santner

Athlai

Not Terrible

Ask me when they're 29

#newmeme?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Santner imo because NZ have no spinners and so he's almost guaranteed a spot unless they get one.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Santner imo because NZ have no spinners and so he's almost guaranteed a spot unless they get one.
Playing a defensive spinner that can hold up the runs on one end as we attack from the other in NZ is also best for business. In Asia we'd probably play two spinners. Santner looking pretty set on being in the side for a long while to come.

_Ed_

If they all stay fit, Anderson. But given how injury prone Neesh and CJ have been to this point in their careers, I'd probably say Santner
Yep. At full fitness, Anderson's bowling fills me with the most confidence. But that's becoming an increasingly rare sight.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I'd hope for anything over 30 with the bat at no.8 and anything under 35 as a NZ spinner.

I think 28/37.

How many wickets per match would people be happy with? Anything over 2.5 would be nice.

Zinzan

In some ways I kinda wish he'd give up bowling and knuckle down and go the Steve Smith route. He could end up batting middle order and averaging 40 - he just needs to believe & put the work in. Bowling wise, he needs to work some things out with his action (front arm) if he wants to become anything more than a containment bowler.

At best, if he does stay as an AR, he'd go 35/35, but I have a feeling it'll be more 27/44.
I really don't think he's that talented with the bat. He's no mug, but not talented enough to be a 40+ average batter. Also, having the two strings to his bow should give him more confidence with the bat and less fear of failing.