• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Give them all a medal

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That reverse sweep is the most undeserved slating of a shot in cricket history, and probably put our one-day game back until very recently. 30 years of no innovation, because someone played a shot badly that normally he played brilliantly well, and we should have still won after if the rest of them hadn't choked like dogs. ridiculous run-out going for a third got rid of a set Athey, terrible shots from Downton and particularly Lamb (worse than Gattings for me), another silly run out from Embers. Even at the end, we had to get 20 off 13, which was harder back then but still doable.

Anyway, probably the 20th time I've defended that shot on this site, it wasn't good but it's really quite amazing how he gets the lone blame.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It was a diabolical shot. Innovation wasn't needed. He just needed to milk the innocuous bowling and we could have won.

Victor Ian

International Coach
This is very helpful. Not only have past champions been acknowledged, but more importantly, we can now tell the real AB from the impostor merely by way of which one has the medal. What a gun moment. This was singularly the moment when Australia stopped being pushovers in all forms of cricket for near over two decades

Victor Ian

International Coach
that would be the saner variety of crack.

1987 till 2007 Australia was no pushover - they were competitive and for the middle decade of it, practically unbeatable. What did you think I meant?

Victor Ian

International Coach
What a weird question. Of course Chewbacca would have got a medal if he were a member of the side. I didn't see any medal limitations for hairy people.

Marius

International Debutant
What a weird question. Of course Chewbacca would have got a medal if he were a member of the side. I didn't see any medal limitations for hairy people.
He didn't get one when he helped blow up the Death Star, even though Solo and Skywalker did.

#stopantiwookiebigotry

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
that would be the saner variety of crack.

1987 till 2007 Australia was no pushover - they were competitive and for the middle decade of it, practically unbeatable. What did you think I meant?
Oh now I gotcha. I thought you meant Australia were pushovers for the 20 years leading up to the world cup win haha

adub

International Captain
It wasn't so much for the Australian 87 World Cup winning side, but for all World Cup winners from non Asian or Caribbean countries before 99.

We'll hand out medals for all the non Asian or Caribbean players since 99 in coming years in Sydney seeing as that's where 39% of them live.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I don't think that helped the cause a year and a half later down here.