• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Auction

anil1405

International Captain
I was about to say the sun would be shining on Stokes when he wakes up today until Pune decided to hijack Sunrisers bid.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guptill's one of the best limited overs bats in the world, but he can't get picked up for a measly 70-80k. Madness when they're throwing out over 2 million for Stokes.
Yeah, exactly. Not surprised about Taylor, but that's insanity.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
He bowled really well against India in the last T20 series, used good effective variations that weren't easy to bat against. Moreover unlike the other Englishmen, he is available for the whole season!
Good buy from RCB

Niall

International Coach
He bowled really well against India in the last T20 series, used good effective variations that weren't easy to bat against. Moreover unlike the other Englishmen, he is available for the whole season!
Good buy from RCB
Yeah agreed, Guptil's reputation v spin and his crapness at Mumbai was his undoing.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guptill's one of the best limited overs bats in the world, but he can't get picked up for a measly 70-80k. Madness when they're throwing out over 2 million for Stokes.
It is just mental and beyond belief, I mean Guptill did pretty well in the T20 WC in Indian conditions.

And how the hell is a T20 rock star like Chris Lynn worth less than 1 tenth of Stokes in this format.

Guptill is a much more valuable T20 player than Boult who went for 750K.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah agreed, Guptil's reputation v spin and his crapness at Mumbai was his undoing.
Yes, exactly why. Likewise for Roy v spin and the fact that he couldn't do anything special against India.

The squads were already quite complete, so they've only been looking for 1 or 2 exceptional players and filling in any gaps in the squads.

Niall

International Coach
It is just mental and beyond belief, I mean Guptill did pretty well in the T20 WC in Indian conditions.

And how the hell is a T20 rock star like Chris Lynn worth less than 1 tenth of Stokes in this format.
I dunno maybe Indians have an issue with gingers?:unsure:

He has been patchy in the spin friendly West Indies also, maybe just not regarded as a great franchise player?

Lynn has never really turned it on outside Australia, although you like to think its a matter of time.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

Guptill is a much more valuable T20 player than Boult who went for 750K.
It doesn't work like that. Value doesn't equal skill. It equates to what the teams want, what they currently lack in their squad etc etc.

If all teams already have settled gun overseas batsmen, there is no point picking another one and have him sit on the bench all season..