• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rachael Heyhoe Flint RIP

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had never heard of her to be perfectly honest, but just checked at her profile to see her Test debut was in 1960 & her last ODI in 1982, which is some career.

Pretty damn good batting record too, averaging 45 in Tests and 58 in ODIs.

vcs

RIP.

Also, this is going to sound terribly insensitive, but were her family big fans of Treasure Island or something?

vcs

Yeah, but the Heyhoe middle name looks like it was done on purpose..

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
as in a reference to yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum? or land-ho? dunno how heyhoe links up with treasure island

vcs

Yeah. Sounds like the type of salutation pirates would use.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
She was born Rachel Heyhoe, and added her husband's name when she married Derrick Flint.

fredfertang

Was an articulate and entertaining speaker as well as a fine cricketer - RIP

I've long since forgiven her for inspiring Anne Sharrock to take up the game

flibbertyjibber

Sad loss, always seemed happy when interviewed and was a giant in the womens game not only when she played but after she retired too.

fredfertang

It's that sort of live and let live attitude that separates you from the rest of the Human Race.
I like to think so

I blame Ms Sharrock for all the woes in my life - she had some sort of official coaching position within the women's game in the early 70s and some bright spark invited her to come and coach the under 12 side I played for one evening - at this time in my life I was a very promising leg spinner however Ms Sharrock in her wisdom decided she would teach me to bowl a googly something which, to be fair to her, she managed successfully - trouble was afterwards that was all I could bowl - I completely lost the ability to bowl a leg break and I am convinced that is the only reason the name of Warne and not Fertang features as one of Wisden's five of the 20th century