• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best sledges

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
In the Madras test of 1983 between India and WI, India was tottering at 0/2 with Marshall firing out both Dilip Vengsarkar and Anshuman Gaekwad for ducks.....Sunny Gavaskar comes to the crease at this point and Viv Richards says to him....."Man, it doesn't matter where you come in to bat, the score is still zero" :D :D

Gavaskar went on to score 236* in that innings.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
We have a few lame and pathetic ones in our cricket team.

Batsman has a big swing and miss at a ball - 'hes swinging like a 70's disco'

Batsman plays and misses - 'straight through him like a hot curry'

Stuffed up/missed sweep shot - 'The high school janitor is a better sweeper then him'

They are just some stupid and lame ones.

Grubb

Cricket Spectator
Here's another Warne-Healy special I read of. I think the batsman was Ranatunga.

Warne: "What does it take to get this fat b****** out of his crease?"
Healy: "Put a Mars Bar on a good length. That should do it."

(A Mars bar, for those who don't know, is a chocolatey-caramelley snack treat)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
Daryll Cullinan and Shane Warne. As Cullinan was on his way
to the wicket, Warne told him he had been waiting 2 years for another chance to humiliate him.
"Looks like you spent it eating," Cullinan retorted.
IIRC, didn't Warne then respond with the ball?

hourn

U19 Cricketer
most of the ones i was gonna mention have been covered, but a few haven't.

Love the Viv Richards "you know what it looks like, now go and find it" call.

And the Merv "tickets please".

Eddo Brandes "cause every time i **** your wife she feeds me a biscuit" is sensational.

heard them before but get a lugh whenever i hear them.

Gotta love Ian Healy to Arjuna Runatunga during a World Series final match about 5 years ago, when Runatunga called for a runner.

Healy says "you can't get a runner just cause your a fat c**t"

Whenever someone comes out to bat who is rather large in their body shape, and if theyre prone to playing defensively, it never hurts to call out "chuck him a sausage roll, i reckon he'll go after that"

A great one from Malcolm Marshall. He played Sydney Grade Cricket for my club about 15 years ago for the second half of a season. In the semi final, a young guy from the other team came out to bat who had only played a few games in first grade, and apparantelly Mal was bowling VERY quick this day, and he says to the batsmen who was ****ting himself "don't worry mon, i'm not gonna get you out, i'm just going to hurt you."

Craig

World Traveller
When the late David Hooks hit Tony Grieig for 5 four's in one over at the MCG in 1977:

"At least I'm an Australian playing for Australia"

As we all know Greig's South African born but captained England.

Langeveldt

Soutie
"I'm coming for you.. I'm going to send you right back to that leather couch"

Shane Warne, to Darryl Cullinan when the later was recieving psychiatric help on coping with the Australians...

Bouncer

State Regular
Well when its sledging a Pakistani (being the nice guys of cricket) can only quote others:D :D

My all time favorite: Sunil Gavaskar To (I guess it was )Simon Odaneal , Dont sledge at me son i have been sledged at more times than you have to take p*&% in your life.:lol: :lol:

When Daryall Cullinan bats against Chris Harris and plays a forward defensive stroke against him, Adam Prorare shouts from behind the stumpsBowl Shane.

Last edited:

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
harry674 said:
<Ricky Ponting and Shaun Pollock. After going past the
outside edge with a couple of deliveries, Pollock told Ponting: "It's red, round and weighs about five ounces." Unfortunately for Pollock, the next ball was hammered out of the ground.
Ponting to Pollock: "You know what it looks like, now go find it."

>

i think this was vic. richardson and some bowler.
it was viv richards and peter pollock

Craig

World Traveller
Cec Pepper to Trevor Bailey:

"If I bowled you my nose, you still couldnt pick it."

"You've had more edges on your bat then a threepenny bit."

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
miandad in the slips greeted gavaskar by saying that he will get his catch in the slips in the first over. gavaskar took no notice. well in the frist over, on Imran's bowling miandad surely got the chance and grabbed onto the catch! There wasnt anyone more hysterical then miandad and no one more puzzled than gavaskar.

imran on his first tour to the westindies bowled a bouncer at viv. viv came down the pitch adn told imran that next time if he did that viv would shove his bat down imran's throat!

when dilip doshi was bowling constantly at the leg of miandad in trying a defensive line, javed got frustrated and said that I only know two creatures who can grab the leg that well, one is a dog the other dilip doshi. Dilip was furious but the rest of the indian close in fielders could not control their laughter.