• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

anil1405

International Captain
oh NZ, why didn't you perform like this in the WC semi-final?

Speaking of WC semi-final, why is Elliott playing in PSL instead of here?

Edit: never mind, completely forgot about his retirement.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
How seminal of a moment was New Zealand beating Sri Lanka in that ODI series before the world cup? I assume it was huge, people on the New Zealand streets dancing, people hugging each other and non stop celebration?.

Its the only reason I can think of that can justify why Ronchi is still in this ODI squad. Absolutely disgraceful if he somehow ends up in the Champions Trophy squad.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
How seminal of a moment was New Zealand beating Sri Lanka in that ODI series before the world cup? I assume it was huge, people on the New Zealand streets dancing, people hugging each other and non stop celebration?.

Its the only reason I can think of that can justify why Ronchi is still in this ODI squad. Absolutely disgraceful if he somehow ends up in the Champions Trophy squad.
I was going to photoshop the famous VJ Day kiss photo but cbf, but yes it was exactly like you say. We owe a fathomless debt to Ronchi and it will never by repaid.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know what other ODI series we have coming up before the CT - usually there's a bit of a break from cricket in April-May.

Hoping there is something and they give a new guy a go in place of Ronchi then.

vandem

International 12th Man
Why didn't they review? Patel was playing a shot.

Edit - ump must have thought it hit him in line! In real time I thought it was a googly that ump thought Jeets wasn't playing a real shot at.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
3 scores of 24 in that innings. What's the record for most number of same scores excluding ducks?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Argh looks like if we'd managed to scrap our way to 220 we might've had a chance. Those run outs really hurt us.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yes. Tbf South Africa made those run outs happen as much as NZ's crap running did, so assuming they win, that was the winning of the game.

Heboric

International Debutant
Well done boys good performance.

Another JP special. Sigh

Its not as if he was bowled by a toe crushing yorker ...