• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
If I send you a nice brochure of NZ scenery, could you pass it on to the young bloke along with any other talented young players? We could do with some more of that Wagner steel & heart.
No..... but I`m pretty sure that he has a bedside table full of brochures from the Eng counties.

vandem

International 12th Man
Anyone think Hesson's told Kane "don't bother bowling Jeets, he's not coming to Hamilton", or is there another reason de Grandhomme is back for a 2nd spell?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Raval
?
Williamson
Taylor [or ?]
Nicholls
?
Watling
?
?
Wagner
Boult [or ?]

I'm definitely leaving out CDG but other than that there are many debatable options.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Anyone think Hesson's told Kane "don't bother bowling Jeets, he's not coming to Hamilton", or is there another reason de Grandhomme is back for a 2nd spell?
Nope, it's just one of Kane's rules of captaincy: don't bowl a spinner before the 70th over.

Zinzan

Raval
?
Williamson
Taylor [or ?]
Nicholls
?
Watling
?
?
Wagner
Boult [or ?]

I'm definitely leaving out CDG but other than that there are many debatable options.
I agree with the commentators' philosophy on selecting for a one-off Test since we don't play again until about November, & not necessarily for the future.

Lol, Smithy's specifically mentioning Larsen now.

Zinzan

Raval
?
Williamson
Taylor [or ?]
Nicholls
?
Watling
?
?
Wagner
Boult [or ?]

How about for the one-off test?

Raval
Brad Wilson
Bruce
KW
Nicholls
Watling
Tastle
Jamieson/Southee
Ajaz Patel
Wagner
Boult

Latham's still our long term opener, but is he most likely to score runs in the next test?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Jamieson is still injured iirc.

Brownlie should 100% be preferred to Wilson.

Bruce, maybe, I hated that he batted 6 for CD last match, so probably not a number 3.

One random spinner, maybe for a punt, two, nah.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Would first work out if it really is going to turn and if we really do want to play two spinners. Then, who are our best two spinners? I don't know tbh.

Fine to do what they're saying on comms too, that Watling can bat at 6.

Zinzan

Jamieson is still injured iirc.

Brownlie should 100% be preferred to Wilson.

Bruce, maybe, I hated that he batted 6 for CD last match, so probably not a number 3.

One random spinner, maybe for a punt, two, nah.
I was half taking the piss, that is purely from the best performers in the Plunket shield to date

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I was half taking the piss, that is purely from the best performers in the Plunket shield to date
Fair enough. Jamieson should hopefully play for NZ one day. Picking Ajaz would be pretty rough on the current 5 spinners NZ has been picking, especially when it's Sodhi and Santner's home ground.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Argh, why couldn't S.A. Have sent de Kock out rather than a bloke struggling so badly for form and his place. Will be awful if we have to come back for 5 minutes of play tomorrow morning.