• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swepson is one of GChappell's up and comers.Played for CA XI in 2015.

He doesn't deserve to be picked on his performances but once you go past Lyon and O'Keefe, (Holland being injured), what spinner does ?

He is not up to top level cricket yet but hopefully he will be in the future.
Clive Rose

a spambot

School Boy/Girl Captain
How on earth would you expect to win a test series/match in the sub continent by having Mathew Wade as the only keeper in the touring squad? Wade might not have dropped many so far but just judging by the way he catches the ball of off spinners on these wickets you can just tell that his keeping on turning pitch is a car crash waiting to happen.
yeah but his banter is top notch

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ashwin will become the fastest bowler to 250 test wickets when he gets 2 in the first match.:cool2:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Meh, I never rated Sree particularly highly. He's just my favourite cricketer, there's a ton of difference.

There's something existentially depressing yet heroic about him as a test bowler. Like a video game with story and gameplay streets ahead of the competition but was unplayable because it kept crashing every five minutes. It felt like he existed not to be a great bowler but to act out a shakespearean tragedy of the life of the Indian fast bowler with incredible highs and lows.

You know in the Sopranos finale, right at the end, before Tony is shot in the head, the song playing is 'Don't stop believing' by Journey. "Some will win. Some will lose. Some were born to sing the blues. Oh, the movie never ends. It goes on and on, and on, and on." Sreesanth was not born to win or lose but to sing the blues.

Of course, in the show, we don't actually know for certain that Tony was shot because the screen just cuts to black. In life, we never have complete closure.

Was Tony Soprano acually shot? Did Sreesanth actually fix matches?

I guess we'll never know.

Last edited:

Gnske

Meh, I never rated Sree particularly highly. He's just my favourite cricketer, there's a ton of difference.

There's something existentially depressing yet heroic about him as a test bowler. Like a video game with story and gameplay streets ahead of the competition but was unplayable because it kept crashing every five minutes. It felt like he existed not to be a great bowler but to act out a shakespearean tragedy of the life of the Indian fast bowler with incredible highs and lows.

You know in the Sopranos finale, right at the end, before Tony is shot in the head, the song playing is 'Don't stop believing' by Journey. "Some will win. Some will lose. Some were born to sing the blues. Oh, the movie never ends. It goes on and on, and on, and on." Sreesanth was not born to win or lose but to sing the blues.

Of course, in the show, we don't actually know for certain that Tony was shot because the screen just cuts to black. In life, we never have complete closure.

Was Tony Soprano acually shot? Did Sreesanth actually fix matches?

I guess we'll never know.
I had no idea Sreesanth's bookmaker posted here

mr_mister

who the **** didnt know about the Sopranos ending though. it was discussed EVERYWHERE when it happened

Victor Ian

International Coach
Smith saying it how it is.

I'm not quite sure what it is, but something about this makes me have lots of hope for the India tour. Not necessarily winning hope, but definitely not being thumped hope. Smith said all the right things here. None of that positivity bullcrap.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that definitely sounds like Australia are thinking along the right lines.

Why Sriram as a bowling consultant though, doesn't look like he was a proper bowler.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Loved that interview. A. He didn't allow Warner to get away from his record of scoring only at home. B. He rubbished and put to bed that pathetic 'ball with your name on it' attitude. Well done Smith.

Burner

International Regular
Smith has said all the right things but can the team follow suit? I think of all the people in the team Smith is the last one I am going to accuse of throwing his wicket away. If the team has his same mentality I think Aus can atleast come out of this one with a few draws.

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
Cheers for the interview. I love how pro-active the Aussies are. They have a reputation as an all conquering machine, and seem intent on preserving it.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Smith has said all the right things but can the team follow suit? I think of all the people in the team Smith is the last one I am going to accuse of throwing his wicket away. If the team has his same mentality I think Aus can atleast come out of this one with a few draws.
Wonder what boof thinks though.

It's a seriously good article for straya.

Gob

International Coach
Don't like that negative approach from Smith at all. You got to be prepared to lose in order to win and they should go hard at the spinners right from the get go.I'd like to see Maxwell opening with Davey Warner and dominate and get the runs before getting a ball with your name on it.