• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Shri

Mr. Glass
Wow, India last won a match in Australia in 2008 and Australia last won a match in India in 2004.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played a match at Arundel against Combined Services and hit their opening batsman on the scone.

After he was taken off, I was wandering back to my mark and a fieldsman threw me the ball when I wasnt looking and it struck me above the eye

Result: batsman and bowler retired hurt on the same ball :laugh:
Havent told half of what went on

Whole day was like an episode of Fawlty Towers and could not possibly be replicated outside the UK.

Ground itself is obviously beautiful but not in the top 5 of the ones I played on over there.

It is basically set in a park and you only get fleeting glimpses of the castle through the trees

Nowhere near as spectacular backdrop as Dharamsala or somewhere like Queenstown

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia should just play their 4 best bowlers - Starc, Haze, Bird and whatever spinner

EVERYBODY falls into the trap of playing ordinary spinners because it's India and hot

Meanwhile, India sits back and says "Ooh, another spinner. Please sir, can we have another?"

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll let CW choose an avatar for me for a year if 3 spinners play. Just don't see it happening.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
4 and 5 match series for tests should be scrapped bar the Ashes. It's good because interest levels will be maintained. It will be one of the biggest milestones in cricketing history if Australia wins this series. India has destroyed all the teams thus far.

Heboric

International Debutant
4 and 5 match series for tests should be scrapped bar the Ashes. It's good because interest levels will be maintained. It will be one of the biggest milestones in cricketing history if Australia wins this series. India has destroyed all the teams thus far.
A lot of the time Ashes series can be ****, yes 2005 was good but that is an exception.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Jeeezus. We get it ffs. Go do something else.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
The key question to ask is How many players will Australia use in the series?

I'll go 17. One more than last time (and the same as England and India used in the 5 test series that recently concluded).

Shri

Mr. Glass
Off to bed for the day. Can't wait to wake up tomorrow. Will be nice to talk **** with the aussies after a depressing tour with the poms.