• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was a good one in 2009 also (Tendulkar 175 in one of the games).

Spark

Global Moderator
There was a good one in 2009 also (Tendulkar 175 in one of the games).
Oh I remember this series. Was really enjoyable, actually. That 175 was nuts, though IIRC he got out playing a scoop and India lost anyway?

vcs

Oh I remember this series. Was really enjoyable, actually. That 175 was nuts, though IIRC he got out playing a scoop and India lost anyway?
Yeah. Sir Jadeja became a villain in that game for getting out playing a daft shot as well (I think).

OverratedSanity

Yeah dumb shot to end an amazing innings.

Jadeja was public enemy number 1 in India after that game.

vcs

Didn't even know that Voges used to play ODIs back then. Why did he get dropped with an average of 46 at a SR of 87?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's all a grand plan for the CricketWebbers in 20 years timw to try and piece together why someone with such ATG numbers played so few games.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watson robbed of MotM that game. 93 and 3 for not many is ridiculously good in a 700 run game.

Compton

International Debutant
Looking through that scorecard, Tendulkar really ****ed up with that shot selection given the match situation.

Can only assume that he thought they'd already won.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's all a grand plan for the CricketWebbers in 20 years timw to try and piece together why someone with such ATG numbers played so few games.
Voges is definitely going to be the guy that this discussion centres around too because of his strong record in all 3 formats.

If you added a players average in each format I would imagine Voges would end up in the top 3 of all time. Of course it is a cheat thing to say All time because of the introduction of formats after careers were finished, but 61.87 + 45.78 + 46.33 = 153.98 is massive.

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't even know that Voges used to play ODIs back then. Why did he get dropped with an average of 46 at a SR of 87?
Bailey, basically, and the balance of the side changed with more allrounders/hitters down the order and less traditional batsmen. He was a bit unlucky, he was very decent for a few years there. He basically filled Clarke's spot when he got injured, then Bailey superseded him, then Smith actually got selected in his proper spot.

You'd also have to say that he benefitted a lot from not outs.

Last edited:

Spikey

from memory, jon holland and I think mark cameron or burt ****ley were gonna play in game 7 but it got washed out

Story of his career really.
see also: next game where india were in early trouble and the little doofus got himself out caught and bowled

6th ODI: India v Australia at Guwahati, Nov 8, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jadeja was eating up balls. I am pretty sure I thrashed him in posts here during that match. :p I seem to recall his two boundaries happened after Sachin was dismissed and his playing out of all those dot balls made Sachin try that cute shot. It was the 50 over version of the 2014 Asia Cup final. :(

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still can't believe we fell for Warne's forced Swepson meme, absolutely disgusting.

TheJediBrah

Voges is definitely going to be the guy that this discussion centres around too because of his strong record in all 3 formats.

If you added a players average in each format I would imagine Voges would end up in the top 3 of all time. Of course it is a cheat thing to say All time because of the introduction of formats after careers were finished, but 61.87 + 45.78 + 46.33 = 153.98 is massive.
Over 50 runs better than Bradman's combined format average.