• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine the outcry if Ponting walked up to an opposing batsman and yapped it up like that. Or Smith for that matter.

adub

International Captain
They've been really good today. Not enough tangible returns, mind.

Have a feeling TPC and Renshaw will battle through to lunch and then grind us down.
That's what I'm hoping. One wicket could turn into a lot in a real hurry.

These two blokes are the two I want dealing with this bowling for as long as humanly possible.

Zinzan

Imagine the outcry if Ponting walked up to an opposing batsman and yapped it up like that. Or Smith for that matter.
That did happen in NZ, and I think I said something like "Look at that Ricky Ponting, he thinks he owns cricket." :p

cnerd123

likes this
That's what I'm hoping. Once wicket could turn into a lot in a real hurry.

These two blokes are the two I want dealing with this bowling for as long as humanly possible.
The way Aus have batted this series I don't think bowling dry and pressuring Australia will work for India. They looked very happy to grind in the first Test, and if they grind here they'll be fine.

India need to be more aggressive for me

cnerd123

likes this
The way Aus have batted this series I don't think bowling dry and pressuring Australia will work for India. They looked very happy to grind in the first Test, and if they grind here they'll be fine.

India need to be more aggressive for me
Having said that - I can see the logic from India. Dry the runs and wait for the magic ball to get the wickets. Pitch is misbehaving.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Been a great hour for India, not too dissimilar from Australia's first session in the field yesterday. Big test for Smith and Renshaw.

Zinzan

Lol Did Renshaw just laugh in Sharma's angry face then? I like this Renshaw chap, doesn't back away from Kohli and now laughs at Ishant. Good Kiwi lad.

Burgey

Lol Did Renshaw just laugh in Sharma's angry face then? I like this Renshaw chap, doesn't back away from Kohli and now laughs at Ishant. Good Kiwi lad.
His temperament is so much like a young Mark Taylor it isn't funny.

Zinzan

Been a great hour for India, not too dissimilar from Australia's first session in the field yesterday. Big test for Smith and Renshaw.
Yup India have been superb, I feel Australia need to take a little more of a risk and use their feet or start sweeping more. Staying on their crease & poking and prodding it's only a matter of time.