• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, what?
?

Are you saying South Africa decide what kind of pitch they're going to put out depending on the series standing? Or NZ do? You know exactly what you're going to get each time you go there. NZ's 'home advantage' is the fact they grow up playing on the seaming decks they put out for test matches. SA is similar, but you don't see them changing anything when we come over because we're used to similar conditions. The matches play out as they will. A few countries play games with pitch preparation on occasions, but people who say "everyone does it" are kidding themselves.

It cheapens the game when wickets are altered based on the demands of the home team. In all likelihood, unless the away team is way better than you, normal conditions will do the job anyway.

I'm not talking about the current game though, this was in reply to a general comment from way back in this thread.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Don't know about the sub continent but our batting against quality spin is ****. We never had an over reliance on Kohli while playing in India. He has been our best batsman of late but that is a different thing..

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have to wonder. Does this series so far prove that sub-continent batsmen are now much weaker against spin than they've ever been? Also could we conclude that India's over-reliance on Kohli has been exposed? The moment he's failed in a few innings the others, bar Rahul, have simply fallen apart.
Not good against good spin, which has been the case for ages. And there's no over reliance on kohli. Before the England series, he wasn't even our best home batsman.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Don't know about the sub continent but our batting against quality spin is ****. We never had an over reliance on Kohli while playing in India. He has been our best batsman of late but that is a different thing..
How many tests have India won recently without Kohli making big contributions? Can't think of many. And the reason I bring up sub continent batsmen is because they've always been the best examples of how to play spin. But seeing India today, and even Pakistan allowed a spinner to get 8fer and collapsed to 123 not long ago. So it's clear that things might be changing in that regard.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Not good against good spin, which has been the case for ages. And there's no over reliance on kohli. Before the England series, he wasn't even our best home batsman.
Have these Aussie bowlers really been that "good" though? I could understand if they were facing Murali and Hereth, hell Swanny and Monty were deadly in that series England won in India too. But Lyon and O'Keef? Really? :unsure:

Last edited:

Burgey

Seriously like wtf happened? Didnt expect this
Australia took a SC tour seriously and have stopped using the pitches as excuses for playing like spuds.

That and we have two good finger spinners who are bowling accurately and not going at 5 rpo

Gnske

Has these Aussie bowlers really been that "good" though? I could understand if they were facing Murali and Hereth, hell Swanny and Monty were deadly in that series England won in India too. But Lyon and O'Keef? Really? :unsure:
Has the bait really been this good though?

Burgey

Have these Aussie bowlers really been that "good" though? I could understand if they were facing Murali and Hereth, hell Swanny and Monty were deadly in that series England won in India too. But Lyon and O'Keef? Really? :unsure:
Lyon bowled Swan off the park on the 2013 Ashes series here and Panesar is no better than SOK as a test bowler tbh. It's just the spinners we've had before in India have bowled **** or not been good in general.

If Lyon and SOK bowled these areas and this pace in Aus they'd get milked all day and barely take a pole. But they're just bowling really well in the conditions.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I think Australia has deployed some kind of dampening equipment which they have brought along around Pune and now Bengalaru that has inhibited Ashwin's cognitive abilities and supernatural thinking that comes with 70% brain use.

I've never seen the man look so average of intelligence
Yeah, people around cricketing circles call it 'Warner'.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Home advantage is being used to the conditions you grew up playing in, especially when they're quite different to those the visiting team is used to. It's not being able to cajole the ground staff into altering the conditions because you think you'll gain an advantage. That's just piss poor behaviour by a board with more money than morals.

I should note, I'm not just talking about the BCCI here.
You really need to get over the 2013 Ashes.

Starfighter

Lyon's innings figures the best by any visiting bowler in India. The sixth best by an Australian. The incredibleness of this series continues.

Spikey

Lyon haters tasting it.

I won't say too much though because nobody remembered the "Holland is better than O'Keefe" post I made a few weeks ago when he took twelve.

Holland would have taken 13.
Holland's shoulder would have detached itself after his third wicket

Wonder if Hayden and Clarke will be (or have been) on comms at the same time at some point. IIRC Hayden isn't too fond of Clarke.
campaigned in the boardroom for him to not be appointed captain

Someone needs to tell the narrator/voiceover guy on the cricket.com.au videos how to pronounce Bengaluru. "Ben-ga-la-roooooo"
i cant believe this guy still has a job. he's terrible

stephen

Such a good day for Australia but we still have a long way to go to win this test. India's still got another innings and we have to bat last.

So let's not write off India just yet. We've been good but can easily collapse tomorrow. If India get any kind of first innings lead we've lost this game and they'll have momentum which I fear we'll never regain.

anil1405

International Captain
Kohli seems to be taking his batting (and the one flaw he has) way too seriously IMO. He needs to relax a bit and play like he naturally does. Right now the situation seems to be dictating terms to him.