• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But find a suitably glorious name which hasn't already been taken. We all sit around here posting random **** on this site for hours every day. There must be something someone can come up with.
yes just because you think someone deserves a nickname more than the current holder of the nickname is not sufficient reason to just steal an already used nickname.

Come up with something new or go home. Just calling everyone the same nickname is just plain lazy. Not to mention confusing when no one knows who you're referring to.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dunno, Australia just played better on a track which was doing something for once. I expected Starc and Haze to do a decent job, but the fact both spinners bowled as well as they did was the big surprise to me. Not so much the way they turned it but where they landed it and the pace they landed it at.
I really don't think India lost because some grand plan of theirs backfired or because Australia were completely prepared for it

They just lost by playing bad cricket, and by Australia playing very good cricket. India bowled badly in patches, played dumb shots, dropped catches, and Australia were the opposite

Don't need to read too much into it IMO

But that is my point. Australia played better cricket simply because they were better prepared for such a wicket than we were. They had done their homework, expecting such a pitch and that is exactly what they got. India played like they did not expect such a pitch. I am actually complimenting Australia here because anyone who has played any kind of cricket here would know how difficult it is, as a batsman, to tell yourself to just let be beaten by the ball turning a mile.

From an Indian PoV, we lost it coz of the batting and fielding, the bowling was fine as it was, except the time Kohli tried to manufacture a 5-fer for his manlove. The annoying thing is we could have bowled out Australia for 0 in the second innings and still lost by 50. THAT is how bad we were and how much better they were. How can anyone think we can still comeback in a series after that kind of a thrashing, is just beyond me. We are done and dusted here and Aus just have to see if they can actually do a 4-0 on us, weather permitting.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shri and Vic, dont you think its just a price we paid coz we have played on good tracks almost all season and for the first time, we got a turner when we were not prepared but the Aussies had been preparing for exactly this since Dubai and mentally, they have been making plans for such pitches ever since the Sri Lanka humiliation. By the third test there, it was obvious they were getting better at playing on such tracks and I guess we did not prepare. So the question needs to be asked, was the pitch asked for by the team management or just that the curator group assumed this will help India and it just ended up exploding on our faces.
Who turned the tap off on Pune pitch? | The Indian Express

Blame game already happening

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lyon actually bowled wider than Ashwin.

Thought ***** was on about Jaddu therE? Anyways, I still think Ash was easily our best bowler. He was giving away 4 balls coz he was trying too much, esp. in the second innings with all the drops and the situation of the game dictating that we needed to bundle them out quickly to have any kind of chance but whatever. He needs to improve his patience and discipline in such situations but was plain annoying to see the comms go on about how Jadeja was the best bowler. He was not, you dip****s.

Burgey

I don't know that they did, I think they didn't expect Australia to play as well on the pitch as they did, which is probably fair enough given recent history.

A lot of the Indian players look a bit cooked to me. It'll be interesting to see if it was just a one off or whether they're sort of at the end of their tether after a long summer.

Spark

Global Moderator
Thought ***** was on about Jaddu therE? Anyways, I still think Ash was easily our best bowler. He was giving away 4 balls coz he was trying too much, esp. in the second innings with all the drops and the situation of the game dictating that we needed to bundle them out quickly to have any kind of chance but whatever. He needs to improve his patience and discipline in such situations but was plain annoying to see the comms go on about how Jadeja was the best bowler. He was not, you dip****s.
Nah I definitely feel he bowled too straight and too short to Smith, allowed him to knock balls off the back foot and collect singles.

social

No real excuse this was also our 10th in relatively short order and we were bashed for the first 5 of those

Shri

Mr. Glass
We were talking about Jadeja. Ash dropped too many short balls that were picked off easily and didn't bowl significant pressure at all. And he was also only able to out think batsmen for his wickets in the test and he did not have his usual bite to his bowing wrt flight, drift, dip etc. It was evident by how Starc smashed him around in both innings.

All that said though, I am not taking anything away from the Aus spinners' performance. Just finding some obvious flaws in our own.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah I definitely feel he bowled too straight and too short to Smith, allowed him to knock balls off the back foot and collect singles.

He got him twice at leg slip though. Catches were dropped but I think it was a plan. So I would not hold it against him too much.

Burgey

Lyon bowled the best he has in ages tbh. If he was bleeding runs it would have made SOK's job a lot harder with there being less pressure on. They were both really good.

social

Kohli has already said we lost due to the batting and not the pitch. The curators Vs BCCI is something no one cares about, except ,maybe you.
"So the question needs to be asked, was the pitch asked for by the team management or just that the curator group assumed this will help India and it just ended up exploding on our faces."

Your question

I couldnt give a crap about the pitch as we won

adub

International Captain
yes just because you think someone deserves a nickname more than the current holder of the nickname is not sufficient reason to just steal an already used nickname.

Come up with something new or go home. Just calling everyone the same nickname is just plain lazy. Not to mention confusing when no one knows who you're referring to.
tbf I'm not calling SOK TPC. TPC is THE TPC.

SOK and His Roundness are also Champions of the People.

adub

International Captain
Lyon bowled the best he has in ages tbh. If he was bleeding runs it would have made SOK's job a lot harder with there being less pressure on. They were both really good.
and bowling wider is a large part of that. Whenever Lyno gets onto the pads too much he gets picked off and bleeds the runs. Getting wider and looking to get through the gate makes him a much more challenging prospect and also brings short leg right into the game.

Daemon

I'm already at home though. Checkmate.

bigmitch

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Brilliant from the Aussies, starting with Starc's contribution at no 8 which I think instilled confidence into the entire team for their bowling innings. Love the thug look he rocks in the SC with that buzz cut.

Harsha Bhogle came out on Cricbuzz and said he thinks India are still favourites to win the series. Opinions? Depends on the Bangalore pitch imo.