• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Shri

Mr. Glass
Smith has pretty much left all batsmen behind at the moment. Best moment was Jaddu mimicking his jerky movements in the first innings.:laugh:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
India need a leftie.

Saha has been **** all with reviews. Plus, appeals when its not out and doesn't appeal when its out! He's clueless behind the stumps in terms of knowing whats happened yet he's a fine keeper, not a good batsman though, which further support the argument of playing a 6th batsman instead of Jayant!

Iyer is leftie??

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Serves them right. Another test to add to the dustbowl backfiring on India list. Hope we win on a greentop in Australia next tour to even it out.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I'd probably actually go with the same balance for the next Test if I was picking India's team. The pitch presumably will be a lot flatter or at least a more 'standard' Banglaore pitch rather than a repeat of this one, and I think the balance they have suits that a lot better than three quicks or only four bowlers. If it's going to be another massive turner they might as well go with another batsman but I find that that eventuality very unlikely.

I'd think about Bhuvi and Nair anyway, but for Sharma and Rahane respectively rather than a balance change.
India unlikely to change the balance as kohli suggested too in the presser. The problem is Jayant does not bring anything extra to the table.

Burner

International Regular
I have no doubt Nair's going to suck too if he has to bat on a turner. That one triple on an absolute road and some people have made him out to be this great player of spin bowling.
Nair has a lot of sweeps in his armory. I think he could be a much more attractive selection than someone like Rahane on a raging turner. Has the shots.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Serves them right. Another test to add to the dustbowl backfiring on India list. Hope we win on a greentop in Australia next tour to even it out.
Sorry to disappoint you, but you've not much chance of getting a greentop down here. A flat batting track is certain though.

adub

International Captain
It might just be O'Keefe. His habit of fooling batsmen into playing for turn where there's none has netted him a shield average of 24 and many big hauls despite playing on usually quite unfavourable surfaces.
This.

No Shield batsman has EVER seen O'Keefe turn a ball. They still miss the straight ones.

Of course he was going to carve up on a pitch where even he could get the odd one off the straight.

Compton

International Debutant
India can be reassured by the fact that losing so comprehensively means that Mitch Marsh will inexplicably continue to be a test cricketer.

anil1405

International Captain
India can be reassured by the fact that losing so comprehensively means that Mitch Marsh will inexplicably continue to be a test cricketer.
Not worth a consolation that. No matter who bats at 6 for Australia is bound to struggle a bit be it Marsh or Maxwell or Agar or Khawaja.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Ishant Sharma has now played Australia in 20 Tests(!) and taken 45 wickets at 45.

Always seems to play against Australia an is usually an anonymous influence; are they still expecting him to repeat that spell he bowled to Ponting at Perth in 07/08?