• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

srbhkshk

International Captain
I wouldn't go so far, Rohit had been improving a lot before his injury and had quite a few good innings, what he mainly lacked was a big hundred. His case is similar to Umesh, the results might not be all that better than what they have generally been, but you just need to look at them in action to see that both are far superior players now. The injury was bad for both him and India.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
A lot will be expected of Smith and Warner to deliver. I'm not expecting Kawaja to do anything on this tour though I will be extremely surprised if he does better than expected. It's Australia's bowling attack which concerns me, as they don't have any spinners in the class of Bangladesh's.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Warner will do well in the first innings of most matches if they bat first imo, when it is not turning much.

Gob

International Coach
A lot will be expected of Smith and Warner to deliver. I'm not expecting Kawaja to do anything on this tour though I will be extremely surprised if he does better than expected. It's Australia's bowling attack which concerns me, as they don't have any spinners in the class of Bangladesh's.
SOK>>>>Shakibull

ImpatientLime

International Regular
haha at some of the gambhiring going on by the indian fans

smarsh and handscomb being match winners
o'keefe taking wickets

srbhkshk

International Captain
India are much better than the last time they played Australia (in India) imo and that must be a worrying factor for Australia.

This is possibly dismissive of Australia's chances (and i did think about leaving in until after the tests) but

What would a combined England/Australia squad look like for a tour of India, and would it beat India?
Warner
Cook
Root
Smith
Bairstow
Moeen
Stokes
Stark
Haze/Broad
Lyon
Rashid

Still hard to see the bowling take 20 Indian wickets, but they'd probably draw the majority of tests with occasional defeat when either one of Ash/Jaddu runs through the side.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What would a combined England/Australia squad look like for a tour of India, and would it beat India?
Cook
Warner
Root
Smith
SMarsh
Bairstow
Stokes
Starc
Broad
O'Keefe
Rashid

Maybe Haze in for O'Keefe. Not sure. Would certainly be favourites to win in my book.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a feeling that Renshaw will outperform Warner in this series. I don't know why but I think only Smith will outscore him.

Julian87

State Captain
I think Smith should bat 3 in this series. No matter who opens it will be 2 left handers. Then if Smith stays 4 it's 3 left handers -> 3 right handers. That's giving Ashwin a bit too much of an advantage with the new ball for mine. I don't know who they'll pick out of the 3 left handers vying for 2 spots, but Marsh or Khawaja could easily slot into #4 if need be. I'd never normally be one for picking a batting order based on handedness but it just makes too much sense to me to break it up a bit here.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Some of the Indian fans are hilarious seeing what's not there. I expect Smith to score and the pace bowling to be competitive. Warner overseas is not the same player and Renshaw/Handscombe are unknowns. The spin bowling is s mixed bag and they won't get help from Wade. That's India 2-0 or 3-0 depending on pitches.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
That sucks. At least this makes it more likely they'll pick Jayant instead of 3 pacers.

**** me that feed is full of people throwing a hissy fit at Rohit not being included (nickname's Hitman apparently :laugh:)
Yes, just looked at the feed and totally surprised that Rohit has suddenly developed so many fans. It's true that a player becomes better in the eyes when he is out of the team.