• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gonna give an internet-slap to the next Indian poster who comes in here and complains about the pitch or the toss. Neither had a huge impact on the result.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
That was just the most clinical overseas performance I've seen by an Australian team - considering how high the opposition was rated.

The next pitch is surely going to be a roady road.
the fourth one esp in dharamsala should suit aus. 3-1 is out of the equation for me.

indiaholic

International Captain
Best possible start to a series from an entertainment pov.. Congratulations Australia. Will be difficult to come back from this. But if we do, it would feel so so very good.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate, if India wasn't to dish up flat roads to this Australian team, knock yourselves out.
Not a road but a decent pitch which turns a little and only breaks up after day 3. Then it would maybe be a tighter contest. But after this performance, Australia should win the series easily. Indian cricketing history suggests that the players will not be able to recover from this hiding. Mentally and technically gone for the series

adub

International Captain
It's easy to get carried away over one good performance,

but this feels just a little like Headingley 89.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not having this "good for Lyon" rubbish. cost SOK a 10fer and cost Warne suffering the greatest taste of all time.
Hey, he beat Warne's best match figures, and did it in a country where he always struggled. I'd still say it was a pretty good taste.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Starc and Haze will take the pitch out of the equation anyway. One will use line and length and the other will use pace to get his wickets. Might just have to just accept that these ****s are better on current form, thanks to their preparation.
Yes definitely far far better prepared

vcs

I would love it if they could somehow last 100 overs on this pitch. Loss is a loss but at least it would be a sign that they have serious technical and mental fortitude.
That went well.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah I think Australia will from here. India look busted. Been a hell of a long summer for them.

Australia has two spinners bowling flat and in good areas for Indian conditions for the first time in forever. Those comparison graphics betwen the areas bowled by Ashwin/ Jadeja and Lyon/ SOK are instructive. Australias spinners have bowled the same areas as India's' and at similar pace. It's like they've read Indias play book and adopted it. They've done it so well. It may not last, but I think it well. I can't recall an Australian team so single minded on a tour to India.
I agree completely on your views Burgey but Kohli is not one to give up without a fight. He will be fuming right now and will come back hard. This win has set up a very interesting series rather than the one sided series like earlier and am loving it. Predicting a 2-1 scoreline either way with both teams making hay on a road in a test draw. This Aussie team has been very determined and Steve Smith referring to Bhajji`s quote before the series will ring on Bhajji`s ears now.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Well done Aus. Can't quite believe it. Sure India will come back hard, but we've won a test. Overseas! Made my weekend.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've seriously seen hacks at state level play straight ones from O'Keefe better than Kohli today.

Jono's boy is weak.

anil1405

International Captain
I agree completely on your views Burgey but Kohli is not one to give up without a fight. He will be fuming right now and will come back hard. This win has set up a very interesting series rather than the one sided series like earlier and am loving it. Predicting a 2-1 scoreline either way with both teams making hay on a road in a test draw. This Aussie team has been very determined and Steve Smith referring to Bhajji`s quote before the series will ring on Bhajji`s ears now.
Completely forgot about Bhajji's comments prior to this test. It's Warnie vs Bhajji battle for who looks more stupid.

OverratedSanity

I've seen people compare this to Lord's 2014 but that test was extremely well contested for all 5 days. To lose the first test at home this badly is pretty astonishing.