• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Bijed

International Regular
So Wade is net batting but can't be bothered keeping. Cruel to have the spinners practice with an actual keeper when they will have a chair during the actual test matches. It does send out a message about the priorities of his role.

Hope Nev keeps scoring to make the selectors look like morons.
Might not be as disadvantageous as at first you thought...

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Pretty sure Kohli isn't going to say yes when Smith asks for Wade to bat and the chair to keep.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
what's the likely xi for aus or close to?
Shaun Marsh is back so that kinda opens the opening slot a bit. Otherwise number 6 is the only other unknown.

Warner
Marsh/Renshaw
Khawaja
Smith
Handscomb
-
Wade +
Starc
O'Keefe
Haze
Lyon

They could go for MMarsh at 6 to provide relief to Starc and Haze. Or they could go for 6 batsmen and put one of Marsh/Renshaw in at 6. Or they could go for Wade at 6 and another spinner, either Agar or Swepson. Swepson a more wicket taking bowler, and a leggie, so might get the favour. Agar is a better batsman, however, so may get the nod ahead.

Not sure if the opening slot has been made his own by Renshaw.

Starfighter

I think they'd be crazy to put SMarsh in for Renshaw but keep Khawaja. Which is probably what they'll do.

Gob

International Coach
Renshaw
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Handscomb
Maxwell
Bad keeper
SOK
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

Compton

International Debutant
Nevill
O'Keefe
Inglis
Cartwright
Ed Cowan
Gazza Lyon
Agar
Wade
Renshaw
Evan Gulbis
Hazlewood

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think the worry is the Aussie batting. Warner, Marsh , Smith and Handscomb are more than capable of running the Indian attack ragged. And with most of their bowlers being decent with the bat, they can run us even more ragged. It could have a follow up effect on the Indian batsmen when they come out to bat. Remember Australia got into decent positions in a few of those 4 tests even last time they were here.
I can't see us making as many runs as England did throughout their series.

Compton

International Debutant
Renshaw
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Handscomb
Maxwell
Bad keeper
SOK
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon
I don't hate that team, but I think if they're playing two offies they'll pick a seamer as the A/R. Mitch Marsh at 6 because, you know, reasons.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the Khawaja thing ****s me because I'm on board with just not picking him for the first test, but I'm totally against the idea of dropping Usman after the first test if a) he fails and b) we lose, and getting dropped if those things occur is probably a pretty good chance of happening.

Starfighter

Things will most likely be handled in the worst way possible if history is any teacher.

Also lol at those earlier being worried about us possibly winning. I'd be happy with a 0-2 loss.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
It's very likely this will be the line up, unless the conditions are extraordinary.

Renshaw
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Handscomb
M Marsh
Wade
SOK
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

stephen

It's very likely this will be the line up, unless the conditions are extraordinary.

Renshaw
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Handscomb
M Marsh
Wade
SOK
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon
I'm almost certain that this will be the lineup for the first test.

By the 4th test I'll expect every player to have been given a run in a desperate and failed attempt to protect us from being whitewashed.

But it won't be all bad. Renshaw, Smith, Khawaja, Handscomb and Marsh are all young enough to get another tour in 4 years time so there will be some valuable lessons learned (hopefully).

Compton

International Debutant
I'm almost certain that this will be the lineup for the first test.

By the 4th test I'll expect every player to have been given a run in a desperate and failed attempt to protect us from being whitewashed.

But it won't be all bad. Renshaw, Smith, Khawaja, Handscomb and Marsh are all young enough to get another tour in 4 years time so there will be some valuable lessons learned (hopefully).
Khawaja could live a hundred lifetimes touring the sub-continent and still wouldn't be able to pick the straight one.