• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Don't like the direction the pitches going in atm. The pitches have been very docile since Kumble took over and if Aus draw or win, it will all fall on this idiotic approach.
Doing it for 5 days of crowd like the ACB? If you can smash the opposition on a Bunsen then I would want one were it my team.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think the worry is the Aussie batting. Warner, Marsh , Smith and Handscomb are more than capable of running the Indian attack ragged. And with most of their bowlers being decent with the bat, they can run us even more ragged. It could have a follow up effect on the Indian batsmen when they come out to bat. Remember Australia got into decent positions in a few of those 4 tests even last time they were here.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
A little smart arseness there RH. I tried looking for him and it is listed in the FTP but nothing appears to be confirmed.......at least that I could find, so a legitimate question to ask IMO.
In jest mate.

Platty

Cricket Spectator
Hi Thanks for attempting to help,
I have been google looking for info for a while, thought I might use the collective knowledge of the forum to seek an answer. seems Red Hill did not like the question

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Wade is net batting but can't be bothered keeping. Cruel to have the spinners practice with an actual keeper when they will have a chair during the actual test matches. It does send out a message about the priorities of his role.

Hope Nev keeps scoring to make the selectors look like morons.
is Saqlain Haider a citizen yet

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Australia's biggest issue isn't talent (although there are some holes there) but their mental attitude when pitches spin (or seam). Under Lehmann, they've developed a really negative, whiny attitude about it and if they get skittled on a spin-friendly track or two, they'll start grumbling publicly and the series will turn into a disaster.

Also, playing a home summer on (Hobart excepted) Test/ODI pitches that offered virtually zero spin or seam conditions probably won't help this mindset.

Daemon

Hopefully this Dubai stint hasn't been useful for them. Got a bad feeling about Smith and co if we serve up flat wickets. Starc, Haze and O'Keefe are good enough to take wickets on them as well.

(Always good to get some early gambhiring in)

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Think Smith's recent comments should lay some of those concerns to rest..

In the Howie Games interview with Gilchrist, he says that Australia before Buchanan and Waugh were chronic whingers and were wedded to their aggression at all costs policy. It was under Waugh that they learned to enjoy the conditions and accepted that stopping the team from running away with the game was more important than relentless attack..

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well it was a mixed bag, from what those videos revealed.

Maxwell out stumped charging down the deck then out playing a ridiculous meme cover slap, Khawaja dismissed by a chair that showed better legwork than he will all tour, Swepson's highlights included drag downs and a slaughter at the hands of the team's only published author and Glenn recouped any loss of face by bowling Mitch "I still have no forward defence" Marsh through his rather large gate.

I'd say we're on track for at least an entertaining humiliation.

But at least we have Ashton Agar

Daemon

Well it was a mixed bag, from what those videos revealed.

Maxwell out stumped charging down the deck then out playing a ridiculous meme cover slap, Khawaja dismissed by a chair that showed better legwork than he will all tour, Swepson's highlights included drag downs and a slaughter at the hands of the team's only published author and Glenn recouped any loss of face by bowling Mitch "I still have no forward defence" Marsh through his rather large gate.

I'd say we're on track for at least an entertaining humiliation.

But at least we have Ashton Agar
They're not showing the serious bits so that India continue to take them lightly

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haze, S Marsh, Handscomb, Smith, Warner, Starc.. 6 of their 11 are match winners in our conditions AFAIC. That is an absolute worry. But nice to see Kaptain Kohli kick off the mind games already in the post match today, saying he expected England to be the toughest of the touring teams and since they beat them 4-0, the expectation will be huge for the Aussie series. :p

Shri

Mr. Glass
Weather at Dharamsala won't allow for a turner. We should avoid a Rajkot track before we get there and smash them early.

Shri

Mr. Glass
This is what I think is going to happen:

Aus will try and play defensively like they have planned for the first two games and their defensive techniques against spin will be exposed while they get bowled out cheaply. Later, they will say **** it and go back to #Intent and lose while they do slightly better but not really. They might win at Dharamsala, I don't know. Cool conditions where Starc can run in all day is scary to think about.

Burner

International Regular
I might be wrong here but if they get a good turner then opting for a defensive method is the last thing they should do. Especially after what happened in Sri Lanka, I don't think they can pull-off defensive. At least with going all #intent some one will come off with a quidk fire 40 or so. A month in Dubai is not going to help much in that aspect imo.

Compton

International Debutant
I don't know. Renshaw seems like the type to score 40(250) and look like getting out every single ball.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aus do have enough match winners to win one game. Largely comes down to their spinners. Wouldn't be surprised to see first innings spoils being shared in almost all the games, and Starc and Haze doing well. Second innings is where the meat's at, esp if Jayant gets in the act as well and India don't go with 3 pacers.

Compton

International Debutant
Aus do have enough match winners to win one game. Largely comes down to their spinners. Wouldn't be surprised to see first innings spoils being shared in almost all the games, and Starc and Haze doing well. Second innings is where the meat's at, esp if Jayant gets in the act as well and India don't go with 3 pacers.
Starc might fancy the second innings to try for a little reverse if conditions suit.