• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Nerds

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Michael Clarke - the tat is icing on the cake of insecure nerd
Man, seriously can't see that at all. I don't have a tat myself (though have been seriously thinking about it of late, but put that down to mid life crises rather than nerdery)

Clarke is your classic pretty boy Gen Y with money.....lots of money, but I can't honestly see anything nerd in him at all.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Only when he got older imo. When he was playing he just looked like a malnourished kid picked up from the streets.

He looks like he's just risen up out of a body of water and flicked his mane of hair back over his head in that photo.

Very un-nerdish. Quite seductive.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
download.jpeg

Mike Atherton, but the nerdiest looking of all is Charles Palmer, who played once for England in 1954, there's an even nerdier image of him in Wisden, but google hasn't thrown it up

cnerd123

likes this
lmao i dare anyone to call him that in his face. he'd smack the living daylights out you with the 3lb fencepost he used to bat with.
No he wouldn't.

He's an intelligent, kind, thoughtful man. He'd sit you down and explain why calling people 'nerds' isn't how you go about making yourself feel better about your own insecurities, and that how a mans real strength doesn't lie in his appearance, but in his words and in his actions.

He'll then wrap his arm around your shoulder and inspire you to rally alongside those you try to differentiate yourself from based on petty differences, and to battle alongside them to fight the real evils in the world. By bowling bloody fast.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man, seriously can't see that at all. I don't have a tat myself (though have been seriously thinking about it of late, but put that down to mid life crises rather than nerdery)

Clarke is your classic pretty boy Gen Y with money.....lots of money, but I can't honestly see anything nerd in him at all.
maybe nerd is the wrong word but he comes across as a dweeb. and the sleeve looks stupid on him

S.Kennedy

Steve Smith looks like a bit of a nerd. He doesn't look like an Aussie cricket captain. Aussie cricket captains are meant to be hardened flinty eyed chaps.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Vettori always gets nominated here when he doesn't fit the mould at all. Ok, he wore glasses and was somewhat awkward athletically, but as a physical specimen he was way more hunk/jock than nerd.
This is weird, but I'm going to profess that Dan was a very good looking hombre up close. Had a real presence about him. Absolutely no nerdish tendencies about him. Supremely confident, well spoken, good looking wife, businessman, suave. 1997 debut Daniel Vettori gets in here easily though.

AndrewB

"There has probably never been a great cricketer who looked less like one than Bowes. Standing 6ft 4in, he was clumsily built and a poor mover. Wearing strong spectacles, he looked far more like a university professor, and indeed batted and fielded like one" - from Bill Bowes's Wisden Obituary. (They then rather unfairly included a photo of him aged 70-odd).