• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricket Web Podcast #26 - More Maligned than Shane Watson

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good podcast as always.

One guy that could've made the XI as well is Bob Cowper, who once scored a triple century at Test level and retired before he turned 30 to become a stockbroker/merchant banker.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Good podcast as always.

One guy that could've made the XI as well is Bob Cowper, who once scored a triple century at Test level and retired before he turned 30 to become a stockbroker/merchant banker.
There were a fair few Oz players who retired earlier than they needed to because of the lack of money. Would've only gotten worse if WSC hadn't arrived.

OverratedSanity

"Deaths" technically aren't retirements, but Jock Cameron was a strange one because he was one of the stars of SA's tour of England in 1935, contracted typhoid on the way back to South Africa and died a few days after landing home.

OverratedSanity

Surely a danger to be inducing driver fatigue like that..
Driving to work isn't feasible for most people in Mumbai. I take the local trains to work, which, to put it mildly are just a tad crowded... Just completely drains you physically.

Podcasts provide much needed mental peace.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
"Deaths" technically aren't retirements, but Jock Cameron was a strange one because he was one of the stars of SA's tour of England in 1935, contracted typhoid on the way back to South Africa and died a few days after landing home.
I'd consider that a career ending injury

Bijed

International Regular
Good listening as usual, I enjoyed the dynamic with the three of you doing it (I know there were several people on the earlier podcasts too).

Also liking how the 'similar threads' thing is just listing 5 separate threads all called 'Shane Watson'.

Daemon

on your reddit "MosquitoBuggerer• 34d
Whoa, that's some ****** sound quality right there. Sort it the **** out before pimpin' it on here."

cnerd123

likes this
on your reddit "MosquitoBuggerer• 34d
Whoa, that's some ****** sound quality right there. Sort it the **** out before pimpin' it on here."
Yea I haven't pimped it out on reddit since.

We only get like 1% of our listens from there anyways. :/