• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funky idea for a draft, XIs will only be made of players from 2 chosen decades

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay so your XI can only be made of players who made their test debut from 2 separate decades. Be it 30s and 70s. 40s and 00s. 2010s and 1890s, its up to you.

Multiple people can use the same decade for their team. you also don't have to state which 2 decades you'll be using until you choose a player from them - once you've chosen a player from a decade that decade is locked in for your side. So you can choose 3 players from the 90s to start off, then decide that the 50s are looking jucy and untouched and so you make that your second decade by choosing a player from that decade for your 4th pick. You can also make a statement by having your first 2 picks be from 2 separate decades to potentially scare off other drafters from touching those decades, but you risk playing your hand early this way.

I don't know how this will work. Some decades obviously produced more ATGs than others, but they might be swamped by drafters who will rapidly drain the talent from them. Some of the best decade options might be the ones you'd least suspect. Because of the risky nature of this draft turning into a shamozzle, I'm capping it at 10 people.

No bradman, 8 hours between picks, all the usual crap

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yes please.

Do the players chosen just have to have played in that particular decade to be eligible?

mackembhoy

International Debutant
How many from each decade say you had 1 from the 1870s and 10 from the the 2010s is that allowed?

Or does it need to be an even split.

anil1405

International Captain
So here is the funky and silly question. When you mean 50's are you considering 50-59 or 51-60.

I've seen different people do it differently and hence the question.

mr_mister

yep 50s is 50-59

60s is 60-69

and mackemboy there is no limit to how many you have from each decade, you just have to have at least 2 represented. 10 and 1 is fine asi s 6 and 5. i figured people would naturally want to have a good balance though as im sure it wont be that easy to draft 10 good people from one decade

mr_mister

Round 1:

16 hours for first round picks, 8 hours for every pick after, No Bradman

Red Hill
jimmy101
Zinzan
mr_mister
Shri
Samuel Vimes
mackembbhoy
anil1405