• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 35/33 draft

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a draft inspired by Howe's +35/-35 team selection concept he shared in the ATG general arguing/discussion recently.

In this draft players will select teams containing:

- Batsmen with a Test average lower than 35.00.

- Bowlers with a Test average higher than 33.00.

- All-rounders whose Test batting & bowling averages do not exceed either of the above limitations. To be considered an "all-rounder" a player must have made at least 4,000 FC & taken 200 FC wickets.

- Wicketkeepers with a Test batting average lower than 33.00. Bowling stats irrelevant. To be considered a "wicketkeeper" a player must have, at least on one occasion, been selected as a first choice 'keeper for their country in Tests (this disincludes someone taking over from an injured 'keeper mid-Test or most part-time 'keepers).

Usual RTG round order generator will be in use, 8 hours between picks, vote at the end.

Who's in?

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I assume players picked as "bowlers" can't bat higher than, say 7 or 8? Otherwise I'd just pick Tendulkar as a bowler.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Gotcha.

So every player in the team must meet those two criteria? I was confused since you separated batsmen, bowlers and ARs.
Yeah, pretty much everyone needs to meet the two criteria, barring 'keepers of course, who need to average less than 33. That's the main jist of it.

Teuton

International Captain
I realise it is the point but there is going to be a lot of mediocre players picked, going to be delving much deeper into the lists than usual.

And I foresee a higher proportion of New Zealanders drafted than normal.

Looking forward to it of course, when are we kicking off Jimmy?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
yes.

why the two different figures?
Just to give us a bit of extra (much-needed) breathing space with the bowlers, & to put somewhat of a cap on the commodity of 'keepers.

And Teuton is definitely right, lots of mediocre selections coming up in this thread. Should be lots of fun, I wouldn't mind betting we'll be seeing some names here that have never been drafted before.

Round 1

Red Hill
J_C
Teuton
jimmy101
Shri
OverratedSanity
morgieb
The Battlers Prince
mr_mister
Howe_zat
AndrewB

Round 2

AndrewB
Howe_zat
mr_mister
The Battlers Prince
morgieb
OverratedSanity
Shri
jimmy101
Teuton
J_C
Red Hill

11 players in total... ouch.

Over to you RH, you have 12 hours to pick. Each subsequent pick will be limited to 8 hours.