• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ryan Sidebottom

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Just been thinking about the curly haired genius(I may have got called Sidebottom when he was about due to my flowing locks)

Shame he retired so early, when he's continued to be a top pro for Yorkshire. England have struggled to find another left armer, Willey looking like he might in the white stuff anyway

Only Bill Voce with more wickets by a left armer not bowling spin for England.

All hail Sir Sidey

Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Bijed

International Regular
You could argue that Ashley Giles took more wickets as a left-armer not bowling spin :ph34r:

Seriously though, I'm with you - real shame he retired as early as he did and my perception is that he's the best county bowler for ages.

Noah

School Boy/Girl Captain
Eh, back in 2007 he was looking really good after the West Indies and India series but he never kicked on. I don't think his retirement really hurt England - he was a depth player at best.