Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Symonds !

State Regular

Andrew Symonds !

It's time for the Aussie board to start treating Katich with some sort of decency and impartialty ... my heat goes out to him .... Time for Symonds to be sent back .

Now Kaitch has been so unlucky not to play in the last two tests.

I think the time has come to select him and drop Symonds for the third test.
    My 2003 Australian Cricketers Rankings No.1's

Test Batting: Mathew Hayden
    Test Bowling: Stuart MacGill
    ODI Batting: Ricky Ponting
    ODI Bowling: Brett Lee

Ford Rules!

International Vice-Captain a massive zebra's Avatar
    Eggs Champion!
    I agree. But Symonds should still play in ODIs.
    THE ULTIMATE CRICKET WEB ARCADE EGGS CHAMPION

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1990-2006
    RIP Craig Walsh (AKA "Craig"), 1985-2012

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    did this really need its own thread...
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Yes.

Symonds is only in the Test team because of his best mate Ricky Ponting.

Conspiracy.

Give him this Test to prove himslef, if not go back to SM.

Katich however when he gets his chance again will have to show he is more then a one series wonder.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Originally posted by Mingster
    Yes.

Symonds is only in the Test team because of his best mate Ricky Ponting.

Conspiracy.
    What a load of crap.

Symonds is in the team for the versatility that he provides. Before the Test series, noone knew how Warne would perform, MacGill had been bowling rubbish and there was every likelyhood that one of the pace bowlers would breakdown (going on the past tests)

It is only because Warne and Kasprowicz have been bowling so well that he hasn't really been needed in that department and he has got a couple of rough calls when batting.

The selectors always said that they are picking the team for the conditions. In reality Damien Martyn should have been dropped for Katich before the tests started, but he has performed very well. Just because Symonds is not an automatic world beater you want to drop him.
    Last edited by mavric41; 23-03-2004 at 05:50 PM.
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

International Captain
    Originally posted by Craig
    Give him this Test to prove himslef, if not go back to SM.

Katich however when he gets his chance again will have to show he is more then a one series wonder.
    I tend to agree here, I know Symo hasn't set the world on fire but he has earnt a place on his recent One Day form and it's not like the Australian team as a whole have been a huge succes with the bat so it's not like it has just been Symo failing.

I think Symo was just given this series as a test anyway (if he did well good, if not Katich is there on a pitch more suited to him next time), he is a top batsman verse spin and can bowl handy off spin. You need to remember that Katich was picked as a batsman that could bowl a handy amount of overs and currently he has a injury that is preventing him doing so which means Australia wouldn't have a backup bowler apart from possibley Lehmann but even he hasn't been bowling either.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by mavric41
    In reality Damien Martyn should have been dropped for Katich before the tests started
    Oh yes, because his averaging over 40 for the past so many consecutive series and his overall record just cried out for him to be dropped.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Katich should of been playing this test, fair enough Symonds got his chance in the 1st and 2nd but Katich should of been picked. Wrong decision, usually when you're dropped you do something wrong, or someone else does something better than you. Neither of those criteria fits Katich's situation.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    Originally posted by marc71178
    Oh yes, because his averaging over 40 for the past so many consecutive series and his overall record just cried out for him to be dropped.
    The funny thing is, they were dying to get him back into the Test team after he was injured last year (ie dropping Love after his 100), and then 6 Tests later that was supposed to have all changed and they should'nt have wanted him?

Still, I gave up trying to convince people of this. I think his series thus far says it all really.

EDIT: I probably should stick to topic and add that I agree Katich should be playing this Test (cricinfo says he is... is he or not?!), in fact shouldve been playing all 3 ahead of Symonds.
    Last edited by Linda; 24-03-2004 at 02:46 AM.

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    What a load of crap.
    Symonds is in the team for the versatility that he provides. Before the Test series, noone knew how Warne would perform, MacGill had been bowling rubbish and there was every likelyhood that one of the pace bowlers would breakdown (going on the past tests)
    so katich doesnt provide any versatility?he is a much better bowler than symonds and IMO a better batsman who has actually proved himself at the test level...yet he doesnt get to keep his place.

The selectors always said that they are picking the team for the conditions. In reality Damien Martyn should have been dropped for Katich before the tests started, but he has performed very well. Just because Symonds is not an automatic world beater you want to drop him. [/B]
    IMO there was always class in martyn...we saw that he can score in the sub continent as he did in the ODI series in india.the problem with martyn is that hes the sorta player who relies completely on form. if hes in form he'll score and if he isnt, u wont see him hanging around there.symonds is decent...katich is better
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Katich is playing in this Test Linda.

Dont have cable huh? That's bad...

I just overheard from the TV which my brother is watching that Katich is in fact playing this test. That's good news, I haven't had the the opportunity of watching any of the cricket today unfortunately.

I know what you mean

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information