• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your most gloomiest/disappointing moments as a cricket fan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My biggest wahhh moment would be Boxing Day 2011. India were a huge sniff when they got Hussey and should have been chasing 240ish to win. Instead the tail stretched it out to 280ish and they collapsed horrendously in the 4th innings. Also thought Sachin was going to get his 100th international ton that match but Siddle bowled him on the last ball of the 2nd day. Creep.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
A sneaky pool game over in Australia, even against a team that you'd expect to beat, might have been nice. When was your previous ODI in Australia before that?
Yeah, that would have been very handy. The Bangladesh game would've been perfect. Decent enough opponent and the chance to get over there in different conditions. The squad flew over to Australia pre World Cup, toured the G etc, which is better than not doing it but absolutely irrelevant when it comes to playing a match there. Even our warm-up games over there perhaps? We had a seven-match series v Sri Lanka from memory, for F's sake.

Fairly confident our previous ODI there would've been in 2009.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
did benchmark00 even make another post after this ended
I think he came back for a post after the Hughes death but apart from that....

Rare that he'd leave over that. Also rarer that he hasn't come back either.

Zinzan

Benchmark was the dude with the monkey avatar that used to write '*****" every 2nd word right?

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
If we are talking deaths Ken Barrington and Ben Hollioake were easily as heavy as Hughes for me.

Barrington's was in the middle of a Test match. How England players managed to play at all that day given what Ken had meant to the team for years is beyond me.

Hollioake was just coming into his prime and would have been, at worst, a fine ODI player. That was heartbreaking.

For game matters.

Headlingley 1975. England in with a very good chance of winning the game and squaring the series (it would have ended level as the last Test was on an absolute road at The Oval) - which would have been am incredible result after the winter Ashes series. Turn on the TV in expectation to hear of the pitch having been vandalised.

WC Final 1997: England had that game won. Gatting was feasting on the bowlers like they were a steak and kidney pudding. Border comes on, because someone has too. All Gatting has to do is push him around and the thing is done - reverse sweep..........

Trinidad 1990: England played really well and, despite losing Gooch to a broken hand, were chasing down a small total but there is time pressure. The West Indies tactics in slowing the game down were appalling. The pinnacle was Ian Bishop stopping his run up three times to do up the same shoelace, but there was plenty close to this. It was so bad that Tony Cozier, normally a West Indies apologist, expressed his anger on microphone.

Spikey

sad that alex dollan personally bankrupted benchmark 00 pty ltd but that's life i guess