• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing moments that resonate with you

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The final wicket in Adelaide 2010.

After the 5-0 drubbing in 2006/07, in which for me the series defining moment was the final day of the Adelaide Test, it was immensely satisfying to watch England go back to the same ground 4 years later and batter the Australians into submission over 4 and a half days.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
For me it's Dom Cork ushering us over the line in the 2nd test of the Windies 2000 tour.

The West Indians were definitely on the slide by then, but could still call on the services of Ambrose and Walsh and had one BC Lara in his prime. We'd been given a lesson by and innings and plenty in the first test and conceded a first innings lead of 130+ here.

Candy Addick was never better in their second dig, ably lieutenanted by Gough and Cork himself and we skittle them for 54, which gave us 188 to win.

Athers made an Athertonesque 40 odd and the tyro Vaughan a rather more fluent 40 of his own, but Walsh was in a "Fee, fi, foe, thumb" mood and Ambrose will have rarely bowled better for one peg.

We were 7 down with 40 still needed and 8 with nearly 30 required. Corky came good with the best 33* he ever made and the occupants of a hotel room in Whitley Bay clustered around a tiny portable telly wept tears of joy and awkwardly embraced, as only heterosexual Englishmen can do.
On a similar note, the Giles-Hoggard partnership at Trent Bridge in 2005 that got England home was amazing.

Particularly as I thought England had blown it when Jones smacked one up in the air. That whole run chase was a roller coaster, IIRC it was 32/0 off 4 overs chasing 120 odd, Warne gets Trescothick and Vaughan out in the space of 5 balls or something, Pietersen and Flintoff look like they're guiding the chase home, then Lee produces his only good spell that series and good old Geraint smacks Warne in the air.

Bijed

International Regular
On a similar note, the Giles-Hoggard partnership at Trent Bridge in 2005 that got England home was amazing.

Particularly as I thought England had blown it when Jones smacked one up in the air. That whole run chase was a roller coaster, IIRC it was 32/0 off 4 overs chasing 120 odd, Warne gets Trescothick and Vaughan out in the space of 5 balls or something, Pietersen and Flintoff look like they're guiding the chase home, then Lee produces his only good spell that series and good old Geraint smacks Warne in the air.
Yeah, that was seriously tense, that chase. I don't know that I've ever reacted so excitedly to a single shot as I did when Hoggy cover-drove Lee for 4.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Graeme Smith batting with a broken hand trying to save a test match, having already won the series against Aus.... showed everything about the man and team.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sachin standing during a sandstorm in sharjah in his innings of 143 while all the others lied on the ground. I was a kid and Sachin looked like a God to me at that time.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, that was seriously tense, that chase. I don't know that I've ever reacted so excitedly to a single shot as I did when Hoggy cover-drove Lee for 4.
There was a shot Giles hit off Warne for 2 that came off the back of what felt like 100 dots in a row from Warne that made me think 'we might just have this', think that shot might have reduced the runs required into single digits.