• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yuvraj should play in tests

Raj123

U19 Debutant
laxman record before coming to australia:
Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50 W BB BowlAv 5w Ct St
58 1472 102 27.77 2 9 0 - - 0 22 0

so yes he was average before.

Whats his record before got to do with him now?
who said it did (and who said i am complaining about his current form). i was talking on what i felt about him before the aus series. did you even bother to read in which context i mentioned laxman's performance.

hell even i want to see him perform. hes a great, elegant batsman, handy bowler and excellent fielder
i dont know what the hell you are talking about. you may be talking about yuvraj but my comment was on laxman.

two classic cases where replies are made with out caring as to what the discussion is all about.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well Laxman was the MVP for India during the Australian tour. As I said in another topic when people were questioning his form after a few low scores. Apparently that's a crime now a days :O

First test he supported Ganguly to his ton, Second test he supported Dravid to his double ton, and fourth test he supported Sachin to his ton. Let's not forget his awesome catching (following the one time drop fest at the TVS Cup final) lately. I remember after Laxman got a ton, and saved India from an embarassing defeat to Zimbabwe during the VB Series. An Australian friend came up to me in school and simply said "You're lucky Laxman is superman". The man is has a great attitude to cricket, is genuinely a nice guy as he was very polite when I met him, and everyone can't help but like him. Even the Aussies :)

Raj123

U19 Debutant
he was always a great test player but i think he has changed his attitude in 1 dayers after being dropped from world cup. these days his SR is regularly 80's and 90's and is taking more risks. And it looks like he is working really hard on his fitness too. This laxman is a real asset to the team.

Apparently that's a crime now a days
if you are referring to me i dont think even you would deny laxman was avg. one day player before the WC.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah mate I was referring to the media and some on the board who wrote him off because he had been clean bowled twice in four matches. They conveniently disregarded his awesome tour to Australia. I'm so glad he performed in the final, it was a great innings.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
even in the 4th ODI the way he smashed 3 consecutive fours all round the park, you knew this guy was oozing with confidence.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So Ganguly not playing and a chance to prove me right about Yuvraj.. just see how he plays in the match..

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's irrelevant how he plays in the match because he won't play the 2nd if all are fit.
It does not matter- he should just play for the match. He's still capable of making the Test team when the need exists.

A certain Pakistani batsman was on strike, with Imran Khan at the other end. It was the last ball of one of the final overs. He had to just play out the last ball and let Imran score the winning runs. But Manzoor was on 0 and feared gettign dropped, so he took a run. They may have narrowly lost the match, but after than, Imran said that he (that other player) will nver play for Pakistan again. He played for his place, not the match. How right Imran was! This has to stop. The match counts.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
You did. You wanted him to fail because of what happened in the TVS cup final.
6 monts ago when he wasnt contributing to the team, i thought it would be better for the team if we had badani in the side. but why on earth would i want him out of the side in this form

Yuvraj4Tests

Cricket Spectator
Yuvraj scored 59 yesterday and he looks in sublime touch. He is a wonderful timer of the ball and one of the best player of fast bowling in the world...He deserves a chance in the test side

Yuvraj4Tests

Cricket Spectator
but from teh looks of it, it doesnt seem that Yuvraj wil find a spot in the middle order for next couple of years once Gangs is fit.I think Yuvraj should be groomed as an test opener and he certainly has the ability to succeed but not until chopra fails.He is doing a ok job at the moment.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
India are in a quite enviable position, having Sachin, Sehwag, Ganguly, McDravid and Bob (the duck's nicknames) - and now Yuvraj throws his hat into the ring. Quite a conveyor belt of absolute class.

<quack> Anyway, Virender Sehwag is now known as 'The cat'.

Shouldn't you call him 'The tiger'?

<quack> I thought that at first, but I'll stick with 'The cat'

But won't that draw comparisons with Tuffers?

<quack> Possibly - and a tiger, being a powerful, Indian cat, light on its feet yet immensely strong and courageous is just perfect - apart from one thing.

I'm sorry?

<quack> The reason why Sehwag's a cat and not a tiger is nothing to do with agility and the like.

What is it then?

<quack> It's because he was a jammy git and had more lives than a dozen cats in his 309.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Now I was afraid of this that they would want to drop Chopra if Yuvraj plays well which I was sure he would..

Thats not a viable option and clearly without biost, I dont find Ganguly should play in the tests for India right now..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Thats not a viable option and clearly without biost, I dont find Ganguly should play in the tests for India right now..
He's the captain, and a very good one with it - his batting is very good - I don't see how hs dropping could be justified.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
He's the captain, and a very good one with it - his batting is very good - I don't see how hs dropping could be justified.
Ok so who do you drop? An in form Yuvraj or Chopra whose opening position is so vital..?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yuvraj goes for me - just look at recent history and how the best side in the world operates...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yuvraj is a much better player and he should play in the XI always as far as I am concerned..

But if Yuvraj does stay in the team which looks likely after scoring this century and they wont drop Ganguly, it will be prett pathetic to drop Chopra and ask Yuvraj to open..

India has committed this mistake over n over again and if we need an opener, we need players like Gambhir, Ramesh or maybe even give Jaffer a chance after his recent good scores..

Opening with Yuvraj is not the solution..

Dropping of Yuvraj or a drastic emasure of not chosing Ganguly is more sensible but which is unlikely to happen..

shankar

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Yuvraj goes for me - just look at recent history and how the best side in the world operates...
Did you see him bat today on that lively pitch...How can you think of leaving him out. I know It' really tough on chopra,But Yuveraj has to be tried as an opener.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Yuvraj is a much better player and he should play in the XI always as far as I am concerned..
Better batsman maybe (that's very much open to debate though) but Ganguly contributes more to the team

Pratyush said:
Dropping of Yuvraj or a drastic emasure of not chosing Ganguly is more sensible but which is unlikely to happen..
Unlikely to happen for a reason - the only way Yuvraj makes a team when the middle order 4 are fit is by opening.