• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***OFFICIAL*** BBL | 06 Thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Finch and Cooper are perfectly reasonable 6th and 7th bowlers. Realistically if one bowler gets smashed in an over I don't think it necessarily means he won't do well again. I would be looking at bringing in Beaton ahead of Ferguson btw. Ferguson is one of those SR 110 max, type of players.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah, last year in the finals you had Shane Watson/Jacques Kallis, and Marcus Stoinis as the sixth bowler, with Dave Hussey the seventh. Hussey's a far better bowler than either Cooper or Finch. The Scorchers ended up underbowling Agar a lot, as well as Ashton Turner - the best sides have a proper bowling option as a sixth bowler; it allows them more flexibility when things go wrong.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Easy for Qld, SA, & Tas & WA fans, but how do NSW & Vic fans decide which of the franchises from their states to cheer for?
I've always wondered that myself as they're plastic teams. Do you just go, ''yes I choose that one'', or throw a coin?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Easy for Qld, SA, & Tas & WA fans, but how do NSW & Vic fans decide which of the franchises from their states to cheer for?
NSW there's at least marketing/location differences, Sixers clearly represent the eastern part of Sydney, Thunder the west.

Victoria, not sure. Guess the players that play for them I guess?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I read that the two Sydney and Melbourne teams have been purposely demarcated between 'establishment' and 'rebel'. One is more establishment and 'star heavy' - family friendly perhaps - whereas one is supposed to be more, ehh, Ned Kelly-esque.

Burgey

Noted outlaws and anti-establishment figures Mike Hussey and Jacques Kallis of the Sydney Thunder no doubt agree with this.

Spikey

nair cruelly left out of the thunder squad, meaning he can't prove he's the best nair in world cricket for at least another week

Burgey

Has to be said the surf at Pipeline for the quarterfinals of the Masters is rubbish right now.

Nothing at all to do with cricket, but I cbf going to the general sport subbie.

Zinzan

NSW there's at least marketing/location differences, Sixers clearly represent the eastern part of Sydney, Thunder the west.

Victoria, not sure. Guess the players that play for them I guess?
Okay, I thought it would have just been a case of who their fav players play for, or as S Kennedy said, toss of a coin.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
I think this will finally be Melbourne's year. The champions will be the ones who wear red and this will be a red year .

Last edited:

Spikey

Roy, Hughes, Henriques (c), Haddin (wk), Billings, Botha, O'Keefe, Abbott, Dwarshuis, Mennie, Bollinger
Patterson, Gibson, Morgan, Rohrer (c), Russell, Doran (wk), Green, Cummins, McKay, Sandhu, Ahmed

i'm not saying everything depends on morgan and cummins, because russell is also the other good player in the team

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's an odd way of spelling Clint "I have a hat-trick in ODIs you know, in a loss though" McKay

Spikey

patterson often looks rubbish in t20, but at least he won't be embarrassed by hogg this time

Spikey

That's an odd way of spelling Clint "I have a hat-trick in ODIs you know, in a loss though" McKay
"clint mckay isn't really that good"
"but but but odi player of the year!!"
*mckay disappears from team*
*nobody notices*

good sydney thunder boi though