• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

interesting stats

Shady Slim

International Coach
aight here's a thread for real stats, big stats, important stats that are very interesting and actually mean something

younis khan has only ever been stumped once in one hundred and eighty four dismissals

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
@HB Don't think he has been stumped after that.. Don't know how rare this is though. Dravid too had only been stumped once.. But Burgey would be glad to know that TOTAB holds the record for being stumped the most number of times. Shows his #intent imo.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This is one that I have mentioned before. Only cricketer to have scored at least 2 test double hundreds and taken at least 2 test 10-fers is Vinoo Mankad. I find it quite fascinating.

Edit: double hundreds.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Record for most runs between 2 dismissals in tests belonged to Tendulkar when he scored close to 500 runs starting from his double hundred in Sydney in 2004. Not sure if it's been taken over.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I believe TOTAB remains the only bloke to have scored 150 in each innings of a test match. I'd have thought it would have been done before him (1981 or so) and certainly afterwards.

Bijed

International Regular
Record for most runs between 2 dismissals in tests belonged to Tendulkar when he scored close to 500 runs starting from his double hundred in Sydney in 2004. Not sure if it's been taken over.
Voges scored just over 600 between dismissals last/this year.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
This is one that I have mentioned before. Only cricketer to have scored at least 2 test hundreds and taken at least 2 test 10-fers is Vinoo Mankad. I find it quite fascinating.
You mean "double hundreds" - 10 players have 2+ hundreds and 2+ 10-fers. (Border has 2 double-hundreds and a 10-fer; Botham and Wasim Akram have a double-hundred and multiple 10-fers; but only Mankad has 2 of both).

Bijed

International Regular
You mean "double hundreds" - 10 players have 2+ hundreds and 2+ 10-fers. (Border has 2 double-hundreds and a 10-fer; Botham and Wasim Akram have a double-hundred and multiple 10-fers; but only Mankad has 2 of both).
Blimey, Border has a 10-fer - I'm beginning to think Burgey might actually be understating how good he was!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Botham, Greig, Kapil Dev, Imran Khan, Vettori, Mankad, Ashwin, Wasim, Hadlee and Harby all have 2 hundreds and 2 10fers. A list of some pretty gun/canny allrounders.

Besides Harbhajan, jammy batting bastard.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, I meant double hundreds.

On ICC ratings: Ian Botham is the only cricketer to hit 800+ rating points for both batting and bowling in tests.

Would've been interesting to know what is the highest sum of simultaneous batting and bowling rating points anyone has ever achieved. Seems like there is no easy way.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well Sobers has a highest allrounder rating of 669 and Botham 646, haven't found any other great allrounder even close.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Andrew Flintoff has a 100% record of running out the opposition captain in the last innings he fielded in

Athlai

Not Terrible
I still think it's mad that the highest % of runs scored in a completed innings is from the first ever Test.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I believe TOTAB remains the only bloke to have scored 150 in each innings of a test match. I'd have thought it would have been done before him (1981 or so) and certainly afterwards.
the perfect match! to think there are people out there who watched this live. Border score 150 while his team tried to fall apart around him. Then, just to underscore how good it was, goes and scores another 153 to secure a draw after a trifecta of Khans had scored 180.

3rd Test: Pakistan v Australia at Lahore, Mar 18-23, 1980 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
Wisden - PAKISTAN v AUSTRALIA 1979-80

but yeah.... interesting stat. You think it would have been done a few times.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And Javed with the gloves in the second dig. Crazy stuff. Don't even know if there's any footage of that match but I'm going to search for it.