• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

interesting stats

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He has 41 international tons already. Probably won't get to 100 but I'd be slightly disappointed if he didn't end up with at least 75, which sounds kind of absurd, but there you go.

Daemon

Man how good was Sachin. 100 international tons. **** me. Hard to see anyone even come close.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Man how good was Sachin. 100 international tons. **** me. Hard to see anyone even come close.
Sachin is awesome for his 50 test tons. 100 international tons is a bullcrap stat, even if i enjoy it for it's neatness. In the old days they didn't play odi's but they played first class instead and they have way more than 100 tons.

Who has the most frequent 100's from odi's? Is Tendulkar up there with that. I imagine he should be close (assuming a fair minimum). How about Kohli?

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'm definitely not trying to put the Dulkar down. At the time, the 100 100's was interesting, but now I don't think it such a big deal.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Jack Hobbs is the only player with 200 FC tons and he is applauded for that achievement. No one attempts or gives much of a toss about FC records any more but in Hobbs' time it mattered and it's what set him out as a great player.

100 hundreds matters because it's what Tendulkar was for. It's his thing. It's what makes him special.

Not every stat has to be relative to everyone else.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
No-one will match Tendulkar's achievement because the amount of ODI cricket played will decrease. Tendulkar played about 450 ODIs, even someone like MS Dhoni will barely play 300.

Daemon

No-one will match Tendulkar's achievement because the amount of ODI cricket played will decrease. Tendulkar played about 450 ODIs, even someone like MS Dhoni will barely play 300.
Valid point, but I'm not sure about the use of MSD to make it. He's played more games a year on average than Tendulkar.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Valid point, but I'm not sure about the use of MSD to make it. He's played more games a year on average than Tendulkar.
Actually on this, Tendulkar basically retired from ODI cricket in around 2009/2010. After his double ton I don't remember him playing much significant ODI cricket until the World Cup and he didn't play much between the World Cup and Asia cup, whereas Dhoni retired from Test cricket a couple of years ago but has retained the short form captaincy.

I'd be very surprised if Dhoni is playing more games a year than Tendulkar was between around 1994 and 2004.

Daemon

Actually on this, Tendulkar basically retired from ODI cricket in around 2009/2010. After his double ton I don't remember him playing much significant ODI cricket until the World Cup and he didn't play much between the World Cup and Asia cup, whereas Dhoni retired from Test cricket a couple of years ago but has retained the short form captaincy.

I'd be very surprised if Dhoni is playing more games a year than Tendulkar was between around 1994 and 2004.
Sachin played 256 ODIs in '94-'04 and Dhoni played 267 in '05-'16, so they're more or less equal then. I think you probably feel this way because of that late 90s period where India played a butt ton of ODIs.

TheJediBrah

Sachin played 256 ODIs in '94-'04 and Dhoni played 267 in '05-'16, so they're more or less equal then. I think you probably feel this way because of that late 90s period where India played a butt ton of ODIs.
I think the Dhoni example was less than ideal, as it's more so been just the last few years where number of ODIs have diminished, and India probably play more than most

Daemon

I think the Dhoni example was less than ideal, as it's more so been just the last few years where number of ODIs have diminished, and India probably play more than most
Yep. I definitely agree that there is and will be a decline in the number of ODIs.

As long as India and Australia keep playing 5 or even 7 match series with George Bailey tonning up every other game I don't mind really

OverratedSanity

Faulkner smashing ishant is one of the greatest moments in cricket history. Rarely have I ever laughed so hard.

Victor Ian

International Coach
interesting stat: Australia is the only team ever to have 3 players average in excess of 60 at the same time*

*im not realy sure - have any had more?

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'm not so sure. There are only a handful to ever average > 60 long term. While they might fluke playing while another noob starts off well, very unlikely to have had 2 at the same time.
Id imagine even 2 players > 60 in a team would be rare.