• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ALPHA CRICKET BLOKES!!!! ff

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gilchrist is about the least-alpha cricketer I can imagine really. I've seen him give a bit to batsman, but he seemed apologetic at times.
Yeah, too nice a chap to be properly alpha.

Ditto Tremmers. He's like Lenny from Of Mice & Men; body of a demi-god but more likely to kill you from an overenthusiastic hug. During which he'd put his back out.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Brian Close
2. Wilfred Rhodes (5)
3. Viv Richards
4. Virat Kohli
5. Allan Border *
6. Steve Waugh
7. Brendon McCullum +
8. Keith Miller (3)
9. Andrew Flintoff (4)
10. Dennis Lillee (2)
11. Fred Trueman (1)

12. Brian McMillan

Hard to find a spinner that fits the bill, really. inb4 a Burgey rant about the effeminate art of finger spin on turning decks.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Ponting? **** outta here. Any **** who fronted a press conference apologising after he rightly got the **** kicked out of him ain't no alpha.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ponting? **** outta here. Any **** who fronted a press conference apologising after he rightly got the **** kicked out of him ain't no alpha.
Yeah, he's up there with Kim Hughes in the "other" eleven, mind you won't start that thread as ****s will put in people who suffered depression.

Tuffers deserves to be in it though, because his weak-ass batting running away from the ball FFS.

HeathDavisSpeed

Andrew Hall. Seems to get mugged a lot, takes it in his stride.

Though I guess if he was really this "alpha" then the muggers wouldn't even attempt to take him on. A gun alone wouldn't be enough to protect you from the wrath of Hall, or something like that.

Gnske

No sub-continental players that's for sure.

As close to football playing weaklings in this once pure sport as we're ever going to get

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andrew Hall. Seems to get mugged a lot, takes it in his stride.

Though I guess if he was really this "alpha" then the muggers wouldn't even attempt to take him on. A gun alone wouldn't be enough to protect you from the wrath of Hall, or something like that.
Indeed, that ain't a knife, this is a knife....

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Has nobody mentioned Merv Hughes? Mess with him and he'll spit at you, and there's nothing more manly than saliva.

thierry henry

International Coach
Chris Gayle has always struck me as a very insecure, try-hard, fake alpha. But is that actually different from an "alpha" anyway?

grecian

Chris Gayle has always struck me as a very insecure, try-hard, fake alpha. But is that actually different from an "alpha" anyway?
I think I tried to make that point in the opening post, not really into the try-hards, more about just quiet confidence that commands respect.

Gayle, Warne are definitely just pretenders IMHO, their antics probably as much to shore up their own insecurities. Actually think Botham may be a bit in that category, but it's probably hatred of his commentary that makes me think this.