• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/2017

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were totally burned out by the time the last 2 Tests of the India series came around. Completely cooked after playing 7 Tests back-to-back in Bangladesh and India.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Too easy for cook and elgar. Sri lanka's pace attack is a real pop gun attack.

Crowd is disappointing again.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
I don't hate Indians or India. I do dislike their cricket team and the fact they're the centre of world wide cricketing corruption because they won't simply legalise gambling ffs, and the terrible victim complex exhibited ever since Sydney 08.

I don't hate Pakitsanis, Pakistan or their cricket team. I do hate the element of their team (past and present) who brought disgrace on them and the game.

I don't hate SL, Sri Lankans or their cricket team. This is a common misconception. There's nothing to hate, because there's nothing to ever get emotionally invested in with them. They're a void, a cricketing abyss - featureless, uninspiring, dull (except Herath, but that goes without saying).

I don't hate Bangladesh, Bangladeshis or their cricket team either fwiw. They're Sri Lanka light, though. Hopefully for the game they are better in 30 odd years than SL has ever been in that time frame.

I'm old enough to remember when SL first came into test cricket 30 plus years ago, and I've kind of waited for the rise through the ranks ever since. But they've just been consistently mediocre forever. Sure they produce the odd very good or great player, but for the most part it's just "Ho hum. Lakmal/ Murali/ Vaas/ Fernando/ Mathews/ Whoever to Rampant Home Team Batsman: half tracker pulled to midwicket for four. End of over 168. Home team 3/592". It has always been thus when they tour anywhere. Anyone who tells you otherwise is frankly being polite and is lying to you.

If you're paying top dollar for a Boxing Day or New Year's Test match and SL are on the ticket, you're walking into the ground either thinking you're there because at least it's cricket and I'm going to get on the squirt anyway so it doesn't matter; or you couldn't re-sell the tix after you realised who was touring because no one wants to buy them.
Agreed, it's not politically correct to say so but their test team has always been insipid and underwhelming. Decent Loi side but they suck now even there. saf should be disappointed unless they destroy them in this series.