• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/2017

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Burgey

Thabk god I'm not the only one who sees a SL tour for what it invariably is.

anil1405

International Captain
So the hosts are batting first. Expected 11 for Proteas and Lanka opt for 3 seamers and Herath.

vcs

Was hoping SA would bowl TBH. Philander-Abbott-Rabada should enjoy bowling to this SL top order.

morgieb

Interesting that Lakmal's opening ahead of Charmander.

Expecting one close Test that Sri Lanka end up losing and two floggings this series. Though the best place for the close Test to happen is this one, and Sri Lanka lost the toss....

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All right let's get this series going.

Come on, Lakmal! Looking like a 70s Bollywood villain but what the hell.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Sri Lanka's greatest generation have dominated at home just fine like everyone else. From 2001-2014, they have only lost to Australia at home, and one of them was in 04 against the greatest Australian side. Even India as number 1 team failed to beat them in 2010.

Their home domination is no different from the home domination of an England or an Australia at most times. The only difference is, even during their peak as a test side, they never had that short period when they won/drew a few series away like Pakistan in the 80s or India in the 2000s or England in the 2010s.

That's the only thing separating them from the other good teams at their peak.
That's like saying the only thing separating a guy who scored 20 runs (away record) from the guy who scored a 100 runs (home record) is merely 80 runs.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Is there no one in Sri Lanka capable of bowling consistently above 140 KPH? This attack is not gonna get 20 wickets.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Is there no one in Sri Lanka capable of bowling consistently above 140 KPH? This attack is not gonna get 20 wickets.
Prasad was fairly lively and turned himself into a very good international quick. Unfortunately, he seems pretty much finished - hasn't played a test since October last year and little to no cricket since then. Big loss for Sri Lanka.

OverratedSanity

Prasad was fairly lively and turned himself into a very good international quick. Unfortunately, he seems pretty much finished - hasn't played a test since October last year and little to no cricket since then. Big loss for Sri Lanka.
Yeah loved watching him bowl :(

Still injured is he?

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Big call. I don't think SL automatically bats 200 overs this Test. I'm hoping they do though, so I wouldn't mind a tight draw.
There might be, pitch just looks pretty placid. That said Lanka will miss Sangakarra here.

Will be a shame if they just roll over though, I'm just expecting some forms of fight.