• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your World Test XI for all conditions as of December 2016

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Cook
Warner
Williamson
Root
Younis Khan
Virat Kohli
Quinton
Steyn
Herath
Broad
Starc

Reseves

Steve Smith
Rabada
Ashwin
Angelo Mathews

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
QDK opened twice in tests and hit a fifty both times

small sample size but w/e I'm pretty sure he'd fit in nicely up there

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree, QDK's got the skills to cope, & that test against NZ, there was plenty happening early doors on that wicket, yet he totally took the game away from them in that first session.

Julian87

State Captain
This is really, really hard. Im near 100% on the 8 players that are non front line seamers but I just can't decide on what the frontline seam attack would be.

Zinzan

Bowlers, especially pace bowlers are the hardest to choose from currently for sure.

It's easy to forget how good Woakes has been with the ball for England in the last 12 months or so.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Lets see...

Iqbal, T.
Warner, D.
Root, J.
Kohli, V.
Smith, S.
Williamson, K.
Bairstow, J (+)
Starc, M.
Steyn, D.
Rabada, K
Shah, Y.

A little left field but hey, lots of agrression, grit and wiles. Actually very tempted to throw in Herath

Groundking

International Debutant
Bowlers, especially pace bowlers are the hardest to choose from currently for sure.

It's easy to forget how good Woakes has been with the ball for England in the last 12 months or so.
Hasn't done anything really on this tour though.

vcs

Curious that not many people are considering Pakistan players for selection, while they're still up there as a highly-rated side despite the last 3 Test losses. Shah should definitely make most 2nd XIs, even if Ashwin edges him out on batting.

It's hard to know how their batting should be rated. No one's yet convinced by Azhar Ali/Shafiq etc. even though they've been fairly consistent for a few years in the UAE. And Younis and Misbah are nearing 40.

OverratedSanity

Their batting is excellent as a unit without any one of them being in the middle of an especially golden run atm imo.

And yeah I'd probably pick Yasir over Ashwin if Ashwin couldn't bat

Skinner

Cricket Spectator
Warner
Root
Williamson
Kohli *
Smith
De Kock+
Stokes
Ashwin
Starc
Broad
Steyn

2nd XI

Cook
Tamim
Amla
Pujara
Rahane
Bairstow +
Bavuma
Woakes
Rabada
Herath
Hazlewood

Skinner

Cricket Spectator
I was seriously struggling with the all-rounder slot, so Bavuma being recent came to mind.

Woakes has had a great year.

listento_me

U19 Captain
All this recent discussion in the tour threads, along with the multiple Kohli/The Fab 4/KW average threads etc etc.

Let's see everyone's current Test XI's assuming you're picking for a perfect Test pitch, that's conducive to all types of bowling. i.e. Good for pace, swing & seam & good for spin later on.

Assume you're picking picking 3 pace bowlers, an allrounder & perhaps 2 spinners, but you decide.
that pitch does not sound nice for batsmen

I'll go for:

1. Warner
2. Cook (yes yes I know)
3. Root
4. Kohli
5. Misbah c
6. De Kock wk
7. Ashwin
8. Shah
9. Starc
10. Philander
11. Rabada

listento_me

U19 Captain
Warner
Root
Williamson
Kohli *
Smith
De Kock+
Stokes
Ashwin
Starc
Broad
Steyn

2nd XI

Cook
Tamim
Amla
Pujara
Rahane
Bairstow +
Bavuma
Woakes
Rabada
Herath
Hazlewood
Rabada in the second XI and Root as opener while you have both Cook and Tamim in the 2nd XI? You're also not going to have the highest wicket taker ever after 18 or so tests in either side, including two 10 fors, one away from home.

Very odd choices.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Two quicks, two spinners and an AR

Azhar Ali
Dave Warner
Joe Root
Steve Smith
Virat Kohli
Quinton de Kock +
Ben Stokes
Ravi Ashwin