• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan Lyon v. Ravi Jadeja

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jadeja's fairly one-dimensional, but really good at what he does. The spinner equivalent of Neil Wagner, I guess.

Zinzan

Jadeja for me. Always found Lyon gets a little overrated since he tends to gets cheap/soft wickets from being the perceived 'relief' from a strong home pace attack.

SA didn't gift him wickets like teams like NZ do and his recent figures have suffered because of it. Although he was decent with the pink ball. Should go alright against Pakistan if he plays.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Nathon Lyon wouldn't even dare to dream of doing what Jedeja is doing right now tbh.

Flem274*

123/5
Jadeja's fairly one-dimensional, but really good at what he does. The spinner equivalent of Neil Wagner, I guess.
nah, neil wagner does what he does everywhere with effect. jadeja steps out of the comforts of home and gets smashed

only one of these blokes is a spinner so it's lyon by default.

cnerd123

likes this
Lyon is nowhere close plz

Jadeja dominates at home. Jadeja is hard to score off away. Lyon is is hard to score off at home, and gets hammered away.

Jadeja comfortably better

vcs

nah, neil wagner does what he does everywhere with effect. jadeja steps out of the comforts of home and gets smashed

only one of these blokes is a spinner so it's lyon by default.
Averages about 5 runs better than him for all of Wagner's effectiveness.

cnerd123

likes this
jadeja isn't hard to score off away
Jadeja econ home: 2.14
Jadeja econ away: 2.60
Lyon econ home: 3.12
Lyon econ away: 3.15

Lyon is just consistently mediocre everywhere. Jadeja beasts it at home and can bowl it dry away. Does a great job. Is a lot more valuable allround.

Flem274*

123/5
Averages about 5 runs better than him for all of Wagner's effectiveness.
meh, give wagner endless home series' of pitches with uneven bounce (or better into the deck bowlers than him for that matter) and he'd average about 12

Flem274*

123/5
Aww look at you trying to be Burgey again

Its cute
i've always been vocal about devcich style cricketers and as i'm sure you've gleaned from hundreds of zinzan posts about me, i can grump every now and again. shouldn't you be flip flopping between bangladesh and india again?

speaking of which, wouldn't you rather shakib be rightfully recognised by the wickets and average as better than jadeja?

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
i've always been vocal about devcich style cricketers and as i'm sure you've gleaned from hundreds of zinzan posts about me, i can grump every now and again. shouldn't you be flip flopping between bangladesh and india again?

speaking of which, wouldn't you rather shakib be rightfully recognised by the wickets and average as better than jadeja?
Shakib bowls with a rubbish attack mostly on dead pitches. We all can see how amazing he is, he just usually lacks support and the right conditions. The last series we saw how great he was when he had Mehedi with him.

Zinzan

Lol, how'd I get involved?

Flem274*

123/5
Shakib bowls with a rubbish attack mostly on dead pitches. We all can see how amazing he is, he just usually lacks support and the right conditions. The last series we saw how great he was when he had Mehedi with him.
yeah but doesn't it annoy you that jadeja averages like 3 thanks to getting "put ball down other end and wait" pitches whereas shakib has to actually bowl?

i poke fun at ashwin too on the modern "must overreact to various cricketers at random" CW but secretly i admit he bowls. jadeja though has timed his career to perfection. a textbook example of a horse for a course. i respect the clever use of him but his odi style straight breaks being devastating on home pitches genuinely annoys me because i'm a snob.

shakib deserves those wickets. you know this in your heart.

cnerd123

likes this
yeah but doesn't it annoy you that jadeja averages like 3 thanks to getting "put ball down other end and wait" pitches whereas shakib has to actually bowl?

i poke fun at ashwin too on the modern "must overreact to various cricketers at random" CW but secretly i admit he bowls. jadeja though has timed his career to perfection. a textbook example of a horse for a course. i respect the clever use of him but his odi style straight breaks being devastating on home pitches genuinely annoys me because i'm a snob.

shakib deserves those wickets. you know this in your heart.
Nah. Jadeja is a better dirt-track terror than Shakib. Shakib's just a better spinner all-round. And both are significantly better than Lyon.

Although they both have the lefty thing going for them.