• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virat Kohli average watch thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, Rafa's knees are shot at 29, Federer was still going strong at 34 and easily the 2nd best player in the world upto last year. That's got to count for something.

Anyway, enough about tennis in this thread.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes and Nadal has 18 of those vs Djokovic and Federer with only 6 losses.
I meant actually winning the Grand Slam. Winning the final. Fed and Novak have way more Grand Slam trophies in the cabinet then Rafa.

Simply beating those big names in grand slams but not cashing in means Novak choked against a ton of scrubs after doing the hard work, I don't look up to that

Rootfan

Banned
I meant actually winning the Grand Slam. Winning the final. Fed and Novak have way more Grand Slam trophies in the cabinet then Rafa.

Simply beating those big names in grand slams but not cashing in means Novak choked against a ton of scrubs after doing the hard work, I don't look up to that
No it means he had tough as **** draws. Like in AO 2012 he destroyed Federer only to get outlasted by Novak in a 6 hour match. Not everyone gets to play Baghdatis in slam finals....or Mugray in a RG final.

Zinzan

Don't pretend you know the inside dynamics of IPL better than the rest. As indiaholic says who plays and who gets dropped has more to do with team balance than anything else.
Course it depends on team balance, but the top players play every game if fit (unless rested when they're qualified for the final). AB & Warner didn't get dropped any games for 'balance' this year did they? The fact a past-their-best Ponting & McGrath got dropped & guys like Morgan and KW only played about 7 of the 16 games between them proves how competitive the competition is to secure the top 4 slots in every side.

mr_mister

whatever Rafa is a HTB

Great but not Godlike record outside of clay courts

Fed has that balance of grass and hard court dominance

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nadal has more Grand Slam trophies than Novak for the record. Novak will likely pass him but he hasn't yet. Let's get the facts straight.

mr_mister

oh whoops forgot he's won the French Open that many damn times

but yeah, Novak will def pass him and there is zero chance Rafa wins another one

Slifer

International Captain
I'm glad I put my stock in Kohli. First became a fan of his in the 20/20 world Cup a few years back. Whenever anyone would ask, I thought he had the most potential as a young and upcoming batsman.

Rootfan

Banned
oh whoops forgot he's won the French Open that many damn times

but yeah, Novak will def pass him and there is zero chance Rafa wins another one
Yeah he's won the FO as many times as Novak has won AO(his best slam), RG and USO put together. Novak isn't passing anyone. He is done.

mr_mister

yeah French Open has produced some weird ass winners. Gustavo Kuerten won it 3 times and tricked the world into thinking he was good yet couldn't regularly get past the 4th round of the other majors (never got past the 3rd round of the Aus Open, made the QFs a few times for the other 2)

and people like Albert Costa won it in '02 (a bloke who didnt nothing before or after)

Last edited:

Rootfan

Banned
Johansson won AO, Cilic won USO FFS. Every slam has had weird ass winners. In fact over the last decade or so, RG has had no 'upset' winners unless you count Stan who played at a high level.

mr_mister

nothing compares to the weirdness of Gustavo Kuerten's record tho

literally won it 3 times and did nothing at the other majors

proof Clay Court tennis is some weird niche skill

Zinzan

Oh well, if KW's thread can become Kohli's thread, it's only fair that Kohli's can become Novak's.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah French Open has produced some weird ass winners. Gustavo Kuerten won it 3 times and tricked the world into thinking he was good yet couldn't regularly get past the 4th round of the other majors (never got past the 3rd round of the Aus Open, made the QFs a few times for the other 2)

and people like Albert Costa won it in '02 (a bloke who didnt nothing before or after)
Thomas Muster. Never forget. :)

vcs

I loved it, absolutely loved it when Guga took apart Sergi Bruguera in '97, who I simply couldn't stand at the time.

Rootfan

Banned
nothing compares to the weirdness of Gustavo Kuerten's record tho

literally won it 3 times and did nothing at the other majors

proof Clay Court tennis is some weird niche skill
Yeah something Federer and Djokovic didn't have and had to wait till he declined to win there. Nadal took down Fed on grass, HC and Novak on HC twice.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm glad I put my stock in Kohli. First became a fan of his in the 20/20 world Cup a few years back. Whenever anyone would ask, I thought he had the most potential as a young and upcoming batsman.
The "called Kohli early" club is you, me and Xuhaib.

Doing this on purpose to annoy honestbharani.

Last edited: