• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Athlai

Not Terrible
Didn't Fizzy have a great time with Sussex? I'm sure he'll be fine unless the injury has a say.
Yet still beaten in the wickets tally of the T20s by Neesham and in the ODs by Franklin.

England ain't NZ, particularly not in white ball cricket.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I would play Miraz and three pacers - Mash, Taskin and Fizz. It also strengthens our lower order. Rubel has bowled well only in patches in bpl and is not faster anymore as Energetic is making out of him. So Rubel is a huge gamble. Whereas I feel, Miraz gives more balance to the team.

I feel pretty safe with Mash, Fizz, Taskin, Shakib and Miraz. Mosa can cheap in with few if required.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yet still beaten in the wickets tally of the T20s by Neesham and in the ODs by Franklin.

England ain't NZ, particularly not in white ball cricket.
He only played 2 T20 games on county cricket tbf on him didn't he?

cnerd123

likes this
I wouldn't play Miraz in ODIs at this age. Don't want to ruin his bowling with ODI stuff.

Here's the preliminary 22 man squad:

22-man Bangladesh squad: Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Mominul Haque, Mahmudullah Riyad, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Sabbir Rahman, Soumya Sarkar, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, Nurul Hasan Sohan, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Shuvagata Hom, Nazmul Hossain Shanto, Taijul Islam, Masrafe Bin Mortaza, Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Shafiul Islam, Subhashis Roy, Mohammad Shahid Kamrul Rabbi, Ebadat Hossain, Tanveer Haider Khan.
Are they going to pick one squad for all three formats? In which case I suspect the last four names on that list will be sent home.

Taskin, Mashrafe, Fizz, Rubel, Shafiul, Shakib, Taijul and some part-time stuff from Moses, Nasir, Mahmadullah and Soumya is a good enough core for the ODI bowling attack. We don't need to play Miraz.

The bowling attack for the Test side would be more interesting. Miraz, Fizz and Shakib are locks, and BD might want to play atleast two quicks to support these guys. Shafiul bowled well vs England I thought, so he will probably be the second seamer. BD will still bat down to 8 (9 if you count Miraz), and so might try to fit in Hom again as the non-rounder, but I'd much rather they use Nasir or Moses in the role.

Or maybe even pick a third seamer for short bursts - a Taskin or Rubel. Bat them at 11? But BD might want to keep the batting depth with the hopes of batting out to a draw...

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't play Miraz in ODIs at this age. Don't want to ruin his bowling with ODI stuff.

Here's the preliminary 22 man squad:

Are they going to pick one squad for all three formats? In which case I suspect the last four names on that list will be sent home.

Taskin, Mashrafe, Fizz, Rubel, Shafiul, Shakib, Taijul and some part-time stuff from Moses, Nasir, Mahmadullah and Soumya is a good enough core for the ODI bowling attack. We don't need to play Miraz.

The bowling attack for the Test side would be more interesting. Miraz, Fizz and Shakib are locks, and BD might want to play atleast two quicks to support these guys. Shafiul bowled well vs England I thought, so he will probably be the second seamer. BD will still bat down to 8 (9 if you count Miraz), and so might try to fit in Hom again as the non-rounder, but I'd much rather they use Nasir or Moses in the role.

Or maybe even pick a third seamer for short bursts - a Taskin or Rubel. Bat them at 11? But BD might want to keep the batting depth with the hopes of batting out to a draw...
I understand where you are coming from but Miraz is already into the groove of odi/loi stuffs. Won't affect him too much if he starts playing ODIs I think but I take issue with him playing T20s. That might ruin him so early in his career. Also I am confused about the squad atm. Who is staying and who is going and how its going to be arranged. If its a 15 man squad for both ODIs and T20s, I would retain,

Tamim, Imrul, Soumya, Shabbir, Mullah, Mushfiq, Shakib, Taskin, Mustafiz, Rubel, Mashrafe, Miraz, Mehedi Maruf, Mosaddek, Nazmul Hossain Shanto

Keep the rest in Australia or send them back. Cant take the whole 22 men travelling to NZ. If it happens thats on BCB paying because why would NZ allow and pay for such a huge squad.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
You wouldn't keep Shafiul? :-O And you've forgotten Mominul in your squad.

And two uncapped players in Maruf and Shanto there. And no backup keeper?

I would take:

Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Mominul Haque, Mahmudullah Riyad, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Sabbir Rahman, Soumya Sarkar, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, Nurul Hasan Sohan, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Shuvagata Hom, Taijul Islam, Masrafe Bin Mortaza, Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Shafiul Islam

17 man squad for 3 formats.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
You wouldn't keep Shafiul? :-O And you've forgotten Mominul in your squad.

And two uncapped players in Maruf and Shanto there. And no backup keeper?

I would take:

Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Mominul Haque, Mahmudullah Riyad, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Sabbir Rahman, Soumya Sarkar, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, Nurul Hasan Sohan, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Shuvagata Hom, Taijul Islam, Masrafe Bin Mortaza, Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Shafiul Islam

17 man squad for 3 formats.
Shafiul is injured. I think the best suggestion is that we take 17 men squad for the 3 formats as you have said. Shahid is likely to be fit by the time test starts so Mash can go home and Shahid can come. I think Hom will not be any effective in NZ, so replace him with Shanto. I would take the risk of taking one keeper and call back Nurul if Mushfiq gets injured. So adding Mominul and Shubhashis (arghhhh) to the 15 men that I have posted.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
To break this down,

17 men squad

1. Mashrafe
2. Tamim
3. Shakib
4. Mullah
5. Mushfiq
6. Shabbir
7. Mustafiz
8. Miraz
9. Mosaddek
10. Taskin
11. Rubel
12. Imrul
13. Soumya
14. Mominul
15. Mehedi Maruf
16. Nazmul Shanto
17. Shubhashish

After the loi stuff,

Shahid to replace Mash. Taijul to replace Mehedi Maruf.

Flem274*

123/5
i reckon nz should dayboo chapman and bruce in the short formats. pretty early for chapman but a man with an ODI average of 151 can cope with a few sighter T20 games this summer imo

Flem274*

123/5
pretty sure kings college is one of the wanker schools so he's a through and through aucklander tbh, plus his name is so boring he must be a kiwi. 'chap' 'man' is basically saying he's a person twice

you support hong kong, india and bangas? you give love to international teams almost as often as you give out likes

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
pretty sure kings college is one of the wanker schools so he's a through and through aucklander tbh, plus his name is so boring he must be a kiwi. 'chap' 'man' is basically saying he's a person twice

you support hong kong, india and bangas? you give love to international teams almost as often as you give out likes
Mark Chapman

Major Teams: Hong Kong, Hong Kong Cricket Club, Hong Kong Under-15s, Hong Kong Under-19s

Yup, Auckland through and through.

NZ's cricket is so pathetic you're stealing talent from Associates. And not even top tier Associates who grow up in your county system like England do with Ireland. Nope. Home grown Hong Kong talent. You're literally worse than England.

I mean we all know you have no guilt for stealing talent from the poor little Zimmers, but now Hong Kong too? Have you no shame?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As much **** as I gave ***** in the associate thread, Chapman is the only dude in ODI cricket with Chinese blood. He also learnt the game in Hong Kong and only left for NZ when he was 14 iirc.

Definitely not Auckland through and through, though he's stated he would much rather have a go at playing for NZ long term.

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
One day side named. Nicholls, Watling and Astle out.

In a controversial move, the selectors have chosen a batsman to replace Taylor, so its welcome back Neil Broom, in a 2009 throwback. And Ronchi returns ... I wanted him dropped, but having seen the alternatives I agree with his reselection. D:

Meridio

International Regular
Stuff said:
New Zealand ODI squad: Kane Williamson (captain), Martin Guptill, Tom Latham, Neil Broom, Jimmy Neesham, Colin Munro, Luke Ronchi, Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult.

Out: Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling, Todd Astle.

In: Neil Broom, Luke Ronchi.
What the actual ****? Neil Broom - really? And what exactly has Ronchi done to reclaim his spot - one score in a T20 game? Strange selections.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
As Hesson mentioned don't expect to see new blood in NZ ODI Cricket. So the immediate future is in the past .

Blain

U19 Captain
TBH I don't mind Neil Broom, he's one of domestics most consistent batsman, scores hundy's and can give it a tonk if required.

However, as an interim number 4, and presuming he'll be dumped once Ross comes back, it's seems like a missed opportunity to give someone younger a chance. But then again, no one is really demanding a spot, but I think NZC's crap domestic schedule is partially to blame.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Watling sure didn't cover himself in glory in Aus, and though I'm a fan won't blame people for being unconvinced about his limited over capabilities.

But how the hell does he get left out after one bad series when Ronchi was allowed a dozen of them?