• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ferguson is in the team for express bowling. Which he seems to manage for 2-3 overs. He's a baked potato.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm ... I must be missing something here. What is Ferguson doing in this team?
Excitement about the pace, which is fair enough. He's a gamble though unless the wicket is really conducive to 150km bowling. Small NZ grounds with funny angles can get very ugly for 145+ bowlers if you're not getting wickets.

Zinzan

FFS, In spite of being one of the best fielding units around for donkey's years, I swear NZ miss hitting the stumps when it actually matters more than any other international team.

McCullum in the Adelaide test is the last time I remember one of our guys getting a direct hit, and then a long time prior to that. It's like we hit 1 in every 30 or something, it's uncanny.

Last edited:

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
FFS, In spite of being one of the best fielding units around for donkey's years, I swear NZ miss hitting the stumps wickets when it actually matter more than any other international team.

McCullum in the Adelaide test is the last time I remember one of our guys getting a direct hit, and then a long time prior to that.
We have never been good at that.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Excitement about the pace, which is fair enough. He's a gamble though unless the wicket is really conducive to 150km bowling. Small NZ grounds with funny angles can get very ugly for 145+ bowlers if you're not getting wickets.
Oh I see now! Getting carted to all corners of the ground. Giving away lots of wides. Sucking in general is excitement. Gotcha.

Zinzan

Jeez Bangers will be dirty on themselves if they don't get home from here. Wicket has flattened out with no seam movement now & a asking rate of about 5 an over with 9 wickets in hand. Will be a case of them snatching defeat from the jaws of victory here.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Simon Doull can crap on all he likes about the umpire making a duff no ball call, but it wasn't the ump that bowled a complete ****ing pie as the free hit ball.

Zinzan

Oh I see now! Getting carted to all corners of the ground. Giving away lots of wides. Sucking in general is excitement. Gotcha.
I said it's fair enough they're excited about the pace, I wouldn't have played him on a small ground on a wicket like this. Even if he gets it right top edges off him will easily clear the fence here.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
I'm off the Lockie Ferguson bandwagon :ph34r:

Can't see how we can win this, we don't have the bowlers or a good captain to win us these games.

Zinzan

He's not even that fast. Has he topped 150 today?
No but remember our speed gun readings are real. He was 152 on Australia's cranked-up speed guns. He's been 148 tops today. Anyway, to date he's been a liability at international level.

Blocky

Banned
Ferguson is single handidly allowing Bangladesh to stay in this match, Williamson is letting him do it too, ****ing hopeless.

Zinzan

I've seen BD lose many games from this position.

NZ still favs IMO
One of your better Gambirs there. Not sure where the wickets are supposed to come from, the wicket looks superb for batting now, no seam, no swing & no scoreboard pressure. Unless there's another 9 gifted wickets like the first one, it's difficult to see another way.