• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is that Mosaddek? I'm not all in on every ***** nickname ffs. Don't think so?
Haha yeah it is Mosaddek. I just found it odd they'd pick Shanto ahead of him, but they've pretty odd in general with how they've treated him so I guess I'm not too surprised.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Played well in last u19 wc. Quite a bit of hype around him but I think he has been drafted a bit early. Mosaddek was next in line but they dumped him for Nazmul here because apparently Nazmul is a better player of pace and swing and they felt it's time to throw the kid in the deep end.
Haha yeah it is Mosaddek. I just found it odd they'd pick Shanto ahead of him, but they've pretty odd in general with how they've treated him so I guess I'm not too surprised.
AZH's post on it was a good one.

I literally had no idea who Nazmul was.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got to wonder who whispered the loudest at the lunch break about what's expected in the next session, Hesson or KW?

Challis

U19 12th Man
Is Moses injured btw?
Don't think so. He left NZ as he was not part of the Test Squad; seems strange that he was left out whilst Nazmul Hossain Shanto, who was originally part of a development preliminary squad, was kept in NZ, and now finds himself making his debut. Looking forward to see how he gets on, he is highly rated. Also I want to see Sabbir in next and see how he does with the opportunity batting higher up the order. Wanna see what Nurul's keeping is like, he is supposedly the best pure keeper in BD. This might also be his best format in terms of batting. And we might even see Miraz hit his highest score yet....
Hopefully all the unfortunate injuries can turn out to be blessing in disguise.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Don't think so. He left NZ as he was not part of the Test Squad; seems strange that he was left out whilst Nazmul Hossain Shanto, who was originally part of a development preliminary squad, was kept in NZ, and now finds himself making his debut. Looking forward to see how he gets on, he is highly rated. Also I want to see Sabbir in next and see how he does with the opportunity batting higher up the order. Wanna see what Nurul's keeping is like, he is supposedly the best pure keeper in BD. This might also be his best format in terms of batting. And we might even see Miraz hit his highest score yet....
Looking forward to a classy 3 from Miraz.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think so. He left NZ as he was not part of the Test Squad; seems strange that he was left out whilst Nazmul Hossain Shanto, who was originally part of a development preliminary squad, was kept in NZ, and now finds himself making his debut. Looking forward to see how he gets on, he is highly rated. Also I want to see Sabbir in next and see how he does with the opportunity batting higher up the order. Wanna see what Nurul's keeping is like, he is supposedly the best pure keeper in BD. This might also be his best format in terms of batting. And we might even see Miraz hit his highest score yet....i
Yeah no doubt Nurul's best format should be longer version. Already played 49 FC matches.

Zinzan

Southee and Boult bowled out. Bangladesh looking at 300 here if they power on through the final 10.
I love how Southee always looks so smug and secure about his place in the side & that fact that he can get away with utter mediocrity at no cost partly because we don't have too many other options currently.

Even though I can't confidently say there's much better options to replace him, I would have thought about dropping him for this game purely as a tactical play, to send a rocket up his ass so he can go away and think about his entitled inclusion. Getting dropped was the best thing that ever happened to him back in early 2012 or whenever it was, and he came back hungry.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I love how Southee always looks so smug and secure about his place in the side & that fact that he can get away with utter mediocrity at no cost partly because we don't have too many other options currently.

Even though I can't confidently say there's much better options to replace him, I would have thought about dropping him for this game purely as a tactical play, to send a rocket up his ass so he can go away and think about his entitled inclusion. Getting dropped was the best thing that ever happened to him back in early 2012 or whenever it was, and he came back hungry.
Southee hasnt bowled too badly here. His figure does not reflect that obviously.

Zinzan

Got to bring Santner now
There's actually plenty enough in it for the seamers, the problem is they like to sigh & oooh about how unlucky they are when they bowl one in the right area and it beats the bat or induces a false shot. You need more than 1 or 2 an over in the right place to deserve wickets. Watch the way Philander and Abbott do it, they land 5-6 out of 6 every time. I don't expect Soult to be quite at their class, but I would like them to consistently 3-4 an over in the right spot.