• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And the Wagner haterz.
Lol, yeah funny he'd omitted him.

Truth be told, I thought Southee was poor this match. Match figures of 3 wickets @ 64 vs. Wagner's 6 wickets @ 31, but I'm prepared to cut Southee some slack since it was such a road.

Blocky

Banned
Southee was poos. Consolation wickets at the end made both he and Boult look better than they actually were.

The biggest issue I had with the Baz/Hesson era and seems to be in this era too, we often gift the tail end to people who haven't performed against the top order, rather than let the guys who got them there finish it off. Bracewell in particular got so many chances at the tail and never penetrated.

Zinzan

Lol, the irony is that literally no one will say this about your posting.
Seriously mate, time to give it a rest. You still don't seem to get this is a sports forum, with different posters who have different views on cricket. It's beyond me why you're always trying to make it all about personalities, like it's a dating site or something.

People won't always see eye to eye, get over it.

indiaholic

International Captain

Truth be told, I thought Southee was poor this match. Match figures of 3 wickets @ 64 vs. Wagner's 6 wickets @ 31, but I'm prepared to cut Southee some slack since it was such a road.
Not too disappointed with the lack of wickets because of the pitch but he really should have found a way to keep the economy rate around CDG's.

Howsie

International Captain

Let's be fair here though, Southee and Boult did the hard yards while Wagner got to feast on the lesser batsman. He wasn't a patch on either of those two this test. Wagner is lucky Henry is bowling like complete puss at the moment otherwise he'd be out.

vcs

Bangladesh having three absolute rabbits down the order cost them big time in this match. Even one Woakes or Harbhajan type tailender would have saved them here.

Mehedi's FC batting stats are decent, but he's made a nightmare start to Test cricket with the bat.

cnerd123

likes this
Seriously mate, time to give it a rest. You still don't seem to get this is a sports forum, with different posters who have different views on cricket. It's beyond me why you're always trying to make it all about personalities, like it's a dating site or something.

People won't always see eye to eye, get over it.
werent you the one trying to dissect Tendulkar's personality off a youtube video a day ago?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it's happened a lot more recently. I suppose teams just score so quickly these days that it opens up time for the other side to get a result too.
Yeah, plus away teams have been really struggling in the second innings (i.e. third and fourth innings). It used to be fairly balanced earlier since away teams used to get better at understanding the conditions as the match progressed.

Zinzan

Let's be fair here though, Southee and Boult did the hard yards while Wagner got to feast on the lesser batsman. He wasn't a patch on either of those two this test.
It wasn't an easy bowling wicket and the wind on day 1 didn't help, but Soult's direction and control upfront was poor, even at the start of the 2nd innings. Such a contrast to say Abbott and Philander in Australian when they were hitting the ideal line/length time and time again. And these two are supposed to be swing bowlers in that mold.

Wagner is lucky Henry is bowling like complete puss at the moment otherwise he'd be out.
Henry is so far behind Wagner at Test level, it's not even funny. Miles and miles behind.

Wagner is a better Test bowler than Southee, high time you wake up to that.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

werent you the one trying to dissect Tendulkar's personality off a youtube video a day ago?
He's saying he wouldn't have done that had Tendulkar been a poster here. Or something along those lines. Remember, you should appreciate all posters being different, but it is not okay for you to be different with the dissecting personalities thing you do. Or something.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Watching the days televised Test highlights and the targeting of batsmen's heads with repeated short pitched bowling will be a parent killer. So will ambulances waiting pitch side. Growing the game ? Which sane parent watching that would wish Test cricket on their child . Sad day for cricket which needs to find a solution and drag itself into the 21st Century.

Zinzan

Yup, & and a very apt point/observation it was too, concerning the most famous cricketer ever, especially since it was the first time I'd seen that incident.

Commenting on cricket and cricketers is what this forum is supposed to be about.

harsh.ag

Watching the days televised Test highlights and the targeting of batsmen's heads with repeated short pitched bowling will be a parent killer. So will ambulances waiting pitch side. Growing the game ? Which sane parent watching that would wish Test cricket on their child . Sad day for cricket which needs to find a solution and drag itself into the 21st Century.
See where you are coming from, but it doesn't really hold up, does it? I mean cricket is one of the least dangerous sports. You have rugby being hugely popular in NZ, Aus, SA, and England. Can't see parents worrying about cricket in that light.

cnerd123

likes this
He's saying he wouldn't have done that had Tendulkar been a poster here. Or something along those lines. Remember, you should appreciate all posters being different, but it is not okay for you to be different with the dissecting personalities thing you do. Or something.
We need a cricket forum forum where we can discuss cricket forums and the posters within them, clearly.

Get to work on it harsh.

Blocky

Banned
See where you are coming from, but it doesn't really hold up, does it? I mean cricket is one of the least dangerous sports. You have rugby being hugely popular in NZ, Aus, SA, and England. Can't see parents worrying about cricket in that light.
Considering the growth and popularity of MMA too, I don't think it's a major issue, it's not pleasant to watch but ultimately if you remove the bouncer from cricket, you might as well automatically put all batsmans averages up by 20 odd runs.

Blocky

Banned
We need a cricket forum forum where we can discuss cricket forums and the posters within them, clearly.

Get to work on it harsh.
That's basically all you do here anyway, so Harsh doesn't need to do anything, since he's avoiding the T&C that your posting style breaks.