• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Blocky

Banned
Rahim will bat, but with both a broken thumb and a broken finger on alternating hands, he won't exactly be at his best.

Really comes down to breaking the Mominul/Shakib partnership early and applying pressure on the tail; if either Boult or Southee wants to actually turn up in this test, it'd be handy for them to do it this morning.

Blocky

Banned
On this wicket, if you only last one and a quarter sessions, giving NZ 60 odd overs to chase 220-260 you'll lose.

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
Staring down a total of almost 600 in the first innings, New Zealand did quite well to respond with 539 and keep themselves in the game and even with a chance of victory.

Just thought I'd say that since literally no-one in the thread has yet.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Yeah it's a tricky one for Bangladesh ... I think they need to bat about 40 overs to be safe, but on the other hand they can't afford to get too defensive and score at a crawl for those overs.

Weirdly, given the way the game's gone, they have ended up under quite a bit of pressure this morning. One wicket for NZ could easily lead to a couple more, I think.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Staring down a total of almost 600 in the first innings, New Zealand did quite well to respond with 539 and keep themselves in the game and even with a chance of victory.

If NZ do go on to win today, it will have been a pretty tenacious victory, I think.

Athlai

Not Terrible

Trust you to take the high road.

Bijed

International Regular
I don't know if it's just a confirmation bias thing, but I get the impression that batsmen follow up a big score with a failure remarkably often

thierry henry

International Coach
If NZ do go on to win today, it will have been a pretty tenacious victory, I think.
I also think that when you bat second against a team who has scored 600 in the first test of a series, that making a big score yourself in response and not necessarily winning the match is generally quite meritorious. But this is apparently an untenable position to hold in current year.