• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst ball you've ever seen take a wicket

Bijed

International Regular
Can be any format and any level, though it's probably fair to make allowances for trying to accelerate for declarations etc.

I reckon a ball I bowled is a serious contender. Left-arm wrist spinner going over the wicket to a right-hander, I drag it down 1.5-2 feet outside leg and the batsman manages to top-edge it to the keeper.

At a somewhat higher level, Chris Rogers being lbw to a Swann full toss that was high and going down leg.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
with that Swanny dismissal, isn't there a rule we're meant to assume the ball is going straight if it hits the batsmen on the full regardless of common sense? or did i imagine that

Howe_zat

Audio File
with that Swanny dismissal, isn't there a rule we're meant to assume the ball is going straight if it hits the batsmen on the full regardless of common sense? or did i imagine that
Yeah but 'going straight on' doesn't mean hitting the wickets. It just means, assume it won't turn.

Otherwise bowlers would just sling in full tosses down leg all day

cnerd123

likes this
Yea thats right. Assume the ball follows its path and dont expect any turn or swing

Rashid has bowled a few really filthy long hops that have taken wickets, and Ashraful got a wicket off a ball that bounced twice. Those gotta be up there.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Didn't Chanderpaul get Steve Waugh out with some sort of absolute filth in the mid-late 90s? Can't really remember it but almost bouncing twice and almost off the cut strip rings a bell.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ishant getting Morgan and Bopara out in the 2013 CT final was pretty hilarious. Two crappy deliveries interspersed by wides.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yea thats right. Assume the ball follows its path and dont expect any turn or swing

Rashid has bowled a few really filthy long hops that have taken wickets, and Ashraful got a wicket off a ball that bounced twice. Those gotta be up there.
Pretty sure Ashraful's wicket was where ABdV ended his run of duckless innings as well.

Compton

International Debutant
Practically hit him in the nuts eventually :laugh:

IIRC it seemed like the reason he didn't review is that Watto had already wasted one reviewing a plumb lbw.

Bijed

International Regular
Practically hit him in the nuts eventually :laugh:

IIRC it seemed like the reason he didn't review is that Watto had already wasted one reviewing a plumb lbw.
Yeah, that's my recollection too

Tbh, if you ever needed to picture to show low-quality cricket, that would be it. Dreadful ball, bad shot and a poor bit of umpiring.