• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst ball you've ever seen take a wicket

Bijed

International Regular
Actually, I was expecting someone to have posted a link to Botham's cricinfo profile by now.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Dwayne Bravo managed to get out to Mark Boucher on the road that was the ARG.

Dwight Washington made his test debut in that game and played his last fc/list-a game a few months later.

Chubb

International Regular
iirc some bloke in a T20 comp -- may have been English domestic -- basically mastered a double bounce yorker. As such, they promptly banned it in the playing conditions.

Yep, was Warwickshire: ECB outlaws double-bouncing delivery | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
When I saw the thread title I thought of the Nathan Dumelow delivery that inspired this idea.

He was a very average offie who played a couple of seasons for Derby in the early 00s, when they were really weak: just happened to bowl someone with a double bouncer in a televised game. Not just some rando either, Darren Stevens.

Can’t recall if I actually saw it happen on Sky or if it was shown during another match.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I was once opening the batting for my team, and swept the first ball of the match, a full toss on my legs, straight back to the bowler. Needless to say, I have never again opened in any game since, even in my street or at the beach.
I'm genuinely trying to work out how you even achieved this mechanically lol

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That time Dwayne Bravo got out to the bowling of Mark Boucher immediately springs to mind.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
iirc, Richardson did start his career as a bowler, like KP. So it wasn't like he had no bowling ability.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I was once opening the batting for my team, and swept the first ball of the match, a full toss on my legs, straight back to the bowler. Needless to say, I have never again opened in any game since, even in my street or at the beach.
I can relate to this. In my first game of Club cricket I volunteered to open the batting. It was a disaster. Caught behind after being struck in the chest by a bouncer.
I was given a bowl and had just taken a wicket when the fellow who struck me and dismissed me came in. "Right!" I thought, "Time for revenge." The 'keeper went along with it when I extended my run-up (already excessive) and said he was going back a few yards because this would be fast. I charged in, intending to bowl a brute of a bouncer. Sensing this the batsman (well he was a lower order player) took a huge step to square leg as I was about to release. The ball slipped and became a rank (but fast) full toss which just hit the off bail with the batsman well out of range.
My next ball, for a hat trick, was far better but 3rd slip spilt the chance.

Last edited: