• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll: top 5 ODI bats

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Linda said:
Very true. During the VB series we were actually complaining about it. The fact he opens with Gilchrist kind of takes the spotlight off his strike rate I think, he doesnt really NEED to score at 300, Gilly's doing it for him ;) Of course, there are times that he does score very quickly, but it wouldnt be with the same consistancy and success at Gilchrist.

Lecture over.:duh:
Its called keeping one end safe whilst attacking from the other (Gilchrist) Still, I don't think he has done as well internationally in the ODI as he is capable (or demonstrated with Qld)

But, for a fan who has been following him since his first game, its good to see him succeed internationally.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
mavric41 said:
Its called keeping one end safe whilst attacking from the other (Gilchrist)
Yes, of course and fair enough. The problem being when he's at one end letting them all through, then the opposition give him a single on the 6th ball... and then he used up another over and so on, all while Gilchrist is itching to get up there. Thats what we were complaining about.
It doesnt happen constantly of course, but [/i]it does happen[/i] :P I wouldnt call it a problem, but rather a blip in his "fast scorer" reputation... if that makes any sense at all.

anzac

International Debutant
slightly off topic, but I can't think of a more improved batsman in ODIs & Tests than Fleming since that innings in the WC..............

not only has his batting improved, but also his conversion rates and he is now having a very real presence at the crease in the same fashion as the best batsmen in the game..............

teams used to be wary of his Captaincy alone - but not any more.......his batting is fast becoming a physical extension of his Captaincy on the field.........and it's having a positive effect on the team as well.............

:)

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Linda said:
Of course, there are times that he does score very quickly, but it wouldnt be with the same consistancy and success at Gilchrist.
Mathew Hayden's ODI Strike Rate is 77.77 which of course is no where near Gilchrist's ODI Strike Rate of 94.04, but it is still very good ;)

Loony BoB

International Captain
In no order Dravid, Gilchrist, Kallis, Ponting, Tendulkar.

Gratuitious NZ Player Mention: Fleming.