• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the test innings played by batsmen currently less than 30 years old

Julian87

State Captain
Kane Williamson is the Sachin Tendulkar of this generation. The technical purity of his batting alone will give him a certain advantage when he is compared to his peers, which will result in lots of other people calling him overrated, etc.

FTR, I love him.
Sachin was easy on the eye with bat in hand though.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mendis's is a fair contender for the title. Amazing knock.

Root's looks great on paper and it no doubt was very impressive but I feel as if he pummeled an Australian side that was mentally cooked, like they wanted the Test to end. We didn't bowl well at all IMO. Stokes was wild but on a massive road, Tamin was impressive and on a pretty turning wicket too.

Gonna go Tamin and Mendis actually.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mendis is a no-brainer

I'll go for Stokes as the other one. Root a bit unlucky, I suppose, but regardless of the fact that it was a road, Stokes' double was jaw-dropping. Haven't seen such devastation over multiple sessions like that since Sehwag. Came in when England were in a bit of trouble too.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Sachin was easy on the eye with bat in hand though.
Anyone know how heavy a bat Williamson uses?

Sachin had a lot of simplicity that I think came from using a heavier bat, just dropping it on the ball. Williamson's a technician, prepared to play with things because of effectiveness.