• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good was Imran Khan?

Slifer

International Captain
Imran is always in my all time eleven and gets in on his bowling alone. I'd only rank Mcgrath and Marshall above him as bowlers (Hadlee and Steyn same ball park).

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm suprised he gets called an allrounder given it took him like 8 tests to score a run.

But I guess if Ashwin can be an allrounder then why not

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Imran used to be in my all time XI. Now it's Steyn. The man, the legend, the eyes.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
clearly the greatest cricketer pakistan has ever produced.

overrated as **** as a batsman though.
As his career went on he just improved and improved with the bat. Wasn't the most fluent batsman nor great to watch, but he was pretty reliable and sound.

listento_me

U19 Captain
People talking like they don't know anything about him. As captain alone he averaged in excess of 50 with the bat and over 60 against the Aussies with a bowling average in the ball park of...you know...20!

The greatest all rounder, possibly ever, depending on how one views Sobers but with the latters bowling average being particularly high, he fits in the description of a batsman who could bowl, quite well but not good enough to be a bowler in a team in his own right. Khan fits in as both batsman and bowler in probably any team of his generation and many others since.

In terms of all time XIs, I have both Khan and Sobers, so I don't need to bother picking between the two. Sobers in as a middle order batsman, Khan at 6 or 7 and front line bowler alongside the likes of Akram and McGrath, or Marshall...wow

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
It's been a while:

Hobbs
Hutton
Bradman
Hammond
V.Richards
Sobers
Gilchrist
Imran
Hadlee
Marshall
Warne

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's been a while:

Hobbs
Hutton
Bradman
Hammond
V.Richards
Sobers
Gilchrist
Imran
Hadlee
Marshall
Warne

Really amazing side that. Forget the fact that they are all ATGs there. Just compositionally, h4x batting depth, I mean Warne at 11, come on... And most varieties of bowling covered. I would argue if you put in Wasim there for Imran, you still wont lose much but will gain basically the most complete side in terms of composition of all time, as well as being THE All Time XI of cricket. Weakest link is probably Richards bowling offspin but he will be the 3rd spinner even in the most turning track of all time. Great job, RH :)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
As I have said before, If you'd dream to be a crickter, why'd you dream to be anyone but Imran Khan Niazi?

ImpatientLime

International Regular
People talking like they don't know anything about him. As captain alone he averaged in excess of 50 with the bat and over 60 against the Aussies with a bowling average in the ball park of...you know...20!

The greatest all rounder, possibly ever, depending on how one views Sobers but with the latters bowling average being particularly high, he fits in the description of a batsman who could bowl, quite well but not good enough to be a bowler in a team in his own right. Khan fits in as both batsman and bowler in probably any team of his generation and many others since.

In terms of all time XIs, I have both Khan and Sobers, so I don't need to bother picking between the two. Sobers in as a middle order batsman, Khan at 6 or 7 and front line bowler alongside the likes of Akram and McGrath, or Marshall...wow
khan at 6?

jesus, what a waste of a huge list of all time great batsman.

the bloke tonned up 6 times in 88 games.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As I have said before, If you'd dream to be a crickter, why'd you dream to be anyone but Imran Khan Niazi?
Not a bad call, but I'd argue Sobers myself. Allan Border would also disagree, he's often said he'd like to come back as Akram.