• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team will reunify the belts?

Heboric

International Debutant
I know Proteas were no1 in all 3 formats in 2012 for a couple of weeks.

But now, probably India

cnerd123

likes this
Down the road I can see England competing; all they need is a home season of Tests, and their ODI and T20 sides are become legitimately good. If their schedules line up properly, they could hit 1 in all formats sometime around the next WC.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India should have a substantial lead at the top of the test rankings once they have thrashed England and Australia so logically they have the best chance.

Zinzan

Unlikely that one team will peak to reach no. 1 in all 3 forms with cricket the way it is these days.

India clearly have the best chance, followed by England & South Africa as the only other teams I could see doing it in the next 5 years or so.

I'd add Australia too if they could figure out how to play T20s at International level.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India in ODIs have not even been good though, forget about being good enough to be #1. We just have to hope that we magically get better at the CT like we usually do during ICC tourneys.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A top six of

Rohit
KL
Kohli
Dhoni
Dhawan
Pandey/Jadhav

has the best chance for India to win games.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Well considering India are playing almost all their cricket at home, it'll be India no?

But the rankings are kinda **** and in reality,apart from England and to a lesser extent Pakistan and South Africa, not many teams have been successful home and way and this has gone on since the loss of the Australian hegemony circa 2007.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have the belts ever been unified in the first place?.
Aus were never T20 champs, so I suppose not. Was still a huge upset when India beat them in the 07 semi though. So, you could say up until that moment. No McGrath or Warne though.

vcs

Pakistan successful away from home :laugh:
They'll attempt to win a match in Australia after 21 years after 9 consecutive losses. :laugh:

They lost every match to them, home and away for a period of 15 years between '95 and 2010. :laugh:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Australia likeliest then India, then no realistic chance for the rest.

SA have too many ageing players that will go (or play fewer formats), and with the quota system weakening the domestic setup they won't have the replacements.
England too middling and never dominant enough - and don't produce enough quality fast bowling.

India are strong over the shorter formats generally even overseas, and at home in test cricket and should gradually improve in overseas tests.
Australia have got the bowlers to dominate teams,and great fielders and dynamic bats for the shorter formats.

Slifer

International Captain
Australia hypothetically yes, but not anytime soon IMO. India a good shout, followed by RSA, ENG in that order.