• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Burgey Gambhiring?

This is Pak's best chance to beat Australia IMO, so I agree with those saying it's not that straightforward. Their bowling can do the job here, and if their batsmen turn up and Australia's don't, they'll win.
Nah not Gambhiring. Thought SA would win the last series and wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan do so here, even though I think Australia is favoutie because it's at home. I just don't have faith in the new line up. Sure, if they play 15 or so tests together and don't fall in a heap then you can say they're onto something, but I really dont see the reason for that kind of confidence here, and Pakistan have the bowlers o exploit it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I notice Amir did not require the assistance of a fielder to take his 3-3 today

Wonder how many catches they dropped off him.

Also looks like he smashed the stumps for the first two balls of the innings. I expect the 19 year old opener at the other end might have gone a bit pale.

listento_me

U19 Captain
a question for the aussies:

what is the quality of the players that Pakistan are currently playing against in the warm up game? I dont think Ive heard of any of them

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
A bunch of young kids, really. Peirson is the reserve 'keeper-bat at Queensland, Bosisto is a fringe bat at WA (captained Aus U19s and has been invested in from there). The likes of Short, Nair, Inglis, Valente and Steketee are all young prospects/fringe players at their respective states, and the rest are ex-U19s project players who haven't quite got to FC level yet.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
a question for the aussies:

what is the quality of the players that Pakistan are currently playing against in the warm up game? I dont think Ive heard of any of them
They're the XI not good enough for their states but good enough for Pakistan

smash84

The Tiger King
A bunch of young kids, really. Peirson is the reserve 'keeper-bat at Queensland, Bosisto is a fringe bat at WA (captained Aus U19s and has been invested in from there). The likes of Short, Nair, Inglis, Valente and Steketee are all young prospects/fringe players at their respective states, and the rest are ex-U19s project players who haven't quite got to FC level yet.
Wtf. So Pakistan are getting screwed big time when the real games begin with the lack of quality practice contributing to a bigger margin than would have been expected

indiaholic

International Captain
Don't think anybody gets quality practice these days.. You played NZ for practice. Isn't that good enough?

Top_Cat

Err, might be a more valid complaint had a Pakistan batting line-up with 300 Tests amongst them not been humbled for just over 200 against a bowling attack with about 20 FC games between the 5 of them.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Err, might be a more valid complaint had Pakistan not been humbled for just over 200 against a bowling attack with about 20 FC games between the 5 of them.
No. With such kids put up for practice Pak have no clue what they'll be coming up against. I can see us getting rolled for sub 100 scores now. With quality practice we may be capable of reaching 150

listento_me

U19 Captain
Getting all out for so little does not bode so well

TheJediBrah

Wtf. So Pakistan are getting screwed big time when the real games begin with the lack of quality practice contributing to a bigger margin than would have been expected
ugh is anyone else sick of these complaints every tour?

Half the tours Test sides go on these days have absolutely no tour games, and often at best like a 2 dayer against a 3rd XI domestic side.

This is not unusual at all

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
ugh is anyone else sick of these complaints every tour?

Half the tours Test sides go on these days have absolutely no tour games, and often at best like a 2 dayer against a 3rd XI domestic side.

This is not unusual at all
Smali is not complaining. He's saying Pakistan could have reached 150 had there been proper practice match arranged and now instead they are likely to fold for around 100. Difference of 50 runs. It's new level of gambhiring which you wouldn't understand.

TheJediBrah

Smali is not complaining. He's saying Pakistan could have reached 150 had there been proper practice match arranged and now instead they are likely to fold for around 100. Difference of 50 runs. It's new level of gambhiring which you wouldn't understand.
If that's not complaining then nothing is

srbhkshk

International Captain
The quality of opposition is a far less important factor to Pakistan compared to what side of the bed their players woke up on.

Rootfan

Banned
Come on Aus. For God's sake don't give dead pitches where UAE Khan will score 50(180) and people will call him an ATG. Hopefully we will have pitches with pace and bounce for the tests.