• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart Macgill v. Mitchell Johnson

Who would rank higher in an all time list of Aussie Bowlers?

• Steve Waugh (from a parallel universe where he grows a stache and becomes an allrounder)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
One was probably the greatest understudy leg spinner in the history of Australian cricket. Then they passed him the torch and suddenly he could not bowl anymore.

The other was a raging cannon of moustachioed pace bowling excellence, except when he was a disappointing pie chucker.

Who was the greater all time bowler?

listento_me

U19 Captain
wasnt mcgill already in his 30s when he finally took over

also whats the context of this battle?

If I already had enough pacers in my attack, I'd pick MacGill, if not then Johnson

You cant just make a vs thread without any context and/or understanding

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
wasnt mcgill already in his 30s when he finally took over

also whats the context of this battle?

If I already had enough pacers in my attack, I'd pick MacGill, if not then Johnson

You cant just make a vs thread without any context and/or understanding
Read the poll question.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
MacGill was pretty much done by the time Warne retired anyway. You get the feeling he only kept playing because he'd been waiting so long for his chance with Warne out of the way and felt that he had to.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
MacGill was probably Australia's 4th best ever spinner and Johnson was probably about Australia's tenth best quick. Spinners are rarer and more important so I'd go MacGill (but it's hard to compare apples and oranges).

Shady Slim

International Coach
it's hard to compare spinners and pacers imo in that way

like imo unless it's xavier doherty to dale steyn it's not a great thing to do