• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Cricketing XIs

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember Team NRI vs Team India?

Update:

Team NRI

Daemon
Jono (c)
duffer
silentstriker
weldone
Contra
Hendrix
Dan
social
Burgey

Team India

vcs
honestbharani
OverratedSanity
Ankit
harsh.ag
Shri
Teja (c)
Indiaholic
CricAddict
Anil1405
Kirkut

Reserves aka those who don't turn up for training
GI Joe
Pratters

Umpire:
Biryani Pillow

Commentators:
Howe
Spark

Selectors:
Arjun

Good mix of aggression and accumulation in Team NRI's opening stand with ***** dishing out the runs (likes) and Daemon plodding along. The stability of this partnership is slightly under threat because a) Do we really need Daemon? and b) ***** is considering a move to Bangladesh, but they're not accepting random Indians who fancy them at this point in time.

BOTM winner Jono is the obvious choice for captain. duffer is there to heh when we win. Silentstriker is the token medium pacer who's next in the wheel of mediocrity. weldone the betting man who's currently being investigated for fixing. Hendrix is in because he digs brown chicks, is a vegetarian fast bowler and we are really struggling for numbers. Likewise Dan has been to India once, social had dinner with Modi and Burgey desperately wants to play a test match in Chennai.

Team India's opening partnership has accumulated thousands of runs over the years but vcs is only just making his comeback and hb only plays his shots at the end of the days play. Middle order is very solid with OS the highest run (like) getter in the whole of CW. Bowling is decent however Teja can go missing for extended periods of time, much like his idol Sreesanth. Expect Indiaholic (PEWS' ratings have him as the #1 Indian bowler, so about #52 in the world) to plug away quietly at a length while Shri ****s it up for his team from the other end.

XI's I'd like to see

Banned XI
CW Under 23
CW Over 40
Gambhiring XI
"I supported Guptill in Tests" XI

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain
I'd like to see if we can conjure up a team of Proteas XI (non-South African nationals).

A team that support Proteas. To whom Proteas is not just your 2nd preferred team but a team that you support just as passionately as your home team.

Proteas XI (non-South African nationals)

kingkallis
anil1405

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good team anil, though hopefully the two of you are prepared to bowl 45 overs each a day.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shri better not be bowling wide **** with me keeping.

The best thing about Team NRI Vs Team India will be the sledging. Will the Daemon "Gandhi" last one day's play? :p

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah nah I'm not batting #8 and not bowling for Team RANDI. The obvious solution is to move me to #3 and draft in Marcuss at #4, since we've got history of being a Dravid-Tendulkar partnership.

A CW World Cup could be very interesting indeed. Of regular-ish, current posters (i.e. no drafting in Sinclair, McGlashan or Flem Abusers into the NZ side), what'd a national team look like?